Guide price £450,000
An individual detached and extended period house occupying a large plot with lovely garden and fine rural views
Banbury 8 miles
Southam 10 miles
Leamington Spa 16 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 7 miles
Junction 12 (M40 motorway) 8 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 17 mins
From Banbury proceed in a northerly direction toward Southam (A423). After approximately 5 miles turn right where signposted to Claydon. Continue into the village and turn left at the T-junction in the middle onto Main Street. Follow the road for approximately 200 yards and turn right immediately past Nudgers Cottage into a gravelled driveway.
CLAYDON is a relatively small and unspoilt village set in rolling countryside in North Oxfordshire close to the Warwickshire and Northamptonshire borders. Within the village there is a parish church. There are other amenities in the nearby villages of Upper Boddington, Fenny Compton and Cropredy with excellent primary schools, shops and doctors surgeries.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A detached individual brick built property which we believe dates back in parts to the 19th Century and was greatly extended in the mid 1960's.
* It occupies a large plot with lovely gardens surrounding the dwelling approached via a long driveway to a parking/turning area and garage which we believe was created from former pigsties.
* Hall with double built-in cloaks cupboard and exposed wood floor with door to a ground floor cloakroom.
* Snug/office with window to front.
* Dining room with window to front, Bamboo wood floor, French windows to the side.
* Kitchen/breakfast room with windows to side and rear, built-in oven, hob and extractor, plumbing for washing machine, space for fridge/freezer, door to storage cupboard and further cloaks cupboard, ceramic tiled floor, shaker style light oak effect units, door to the side and windows to side and rear over the gardens.
* Two reception rooms one of which has an inglenook fireplace and French doors opening to the rear garden. It also has some kitchen units, built-in oven and hob which are not currently used.
* Large landing/office or bedroom three which has a window to the rear with lovely far reaching rural views and a door to the shower room fitted with a white suite including a large shower cubicle, heated towel rail and window.
* Main bedroom with double aspect enjoying views to the rear as well as an outlook to the side and a built-in wardrobe.
* Second bedroom which has triple aspect, once again views over the countryside and a door to the balcony at the side, hatch to the boarded loft with light connected.
* The large gardens are predominantly lawned with flower beds and borders lying to front, side and rear where there are also fruit trees, a summerhouse and the rear garden extends into an L-shape where there is a further garden area with greenhouse which would be ideal for growing vegetables. From the garage the views over nearby fields can be enjoyed.
All mains services are connected with the exception of gas. The electric air source boiler is located externally on the rear elevation.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band C.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
Anker and Partners earn supplementary income from various sources relating to the provision, referral and introduction of services and products to our clients and customers. This may be in the form of a fixed fee or a percentage of a premium, fee or invoice. This is not done in all cases and use of these providers/suppliers is not mandatory. Clients are entirely free to choose their own products, services and providers. We declare this intention within our Terms of Business and by signing these documents our clients and customers confirm their agreement to us doing so.