- A substantial detached Victorian house
- Grade II Listed
- Extensive flexible accommodation
- Many period features
- Close to town centre
- Walking distance of railway station
- Three storey and basement
- Ideal for home working
- Large family house
- High ceilings, fireplaces, sash windows
A substantial detached Victorian townhouse with extensive and flexible accommodation over four floors
Banbury town centre 0.1 miles
Banbury railway station 1 mile
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 2.5 miles
Oxford 22 miles
Stratford upon Avon 20 miles
Leamington Spa 19 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 19 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 55 mins
From Banbury Cross proceed in a southerly direction along South Bar and take the first turning on the right into Crouch Street. The property will be found after a short distance on the left.
BANBURY is conveniently located only two miles from Junction 11 of the M40, putting Oxford (23 miles), Birmingham (43 miles), London (78 miles) and of course the rest of the motorway network within easy reach. There are regular trains from Banbury to London Marylebone (55 mins) and Birmingham Snow Hill (55 mins). Birmingham International airport is 42 miles away for UK, European and New York flights. Some very attractive countryside surrounds and many places of historical interest are within easy reach.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A detached Victorian Grade II Listed townhouse believed to date back to circa 1840 located very close to the town centre and within easy walking distance of the railway station.
* This substantial family house offers a degree of flexibility and has ample space for those working from home to have office space.
* Accommodation over three floors plus a large basement.
* Two hallways, ground floor cloakroom and three reception rooms.
* Large open plan kitchen/dining room with solid wooden units, built-in double oven, ceramic hob and extractor, integrated fridge and dishwasher, large window to front, ample space for dining room furniture.
* Main double aspect sitting room with two windows to front, alcove, Victorian style fireplace, picture rails.
* Double aspect office with French doors opening to the garden.
* Snug with window to front, attractive leaded light panels.
* Large basement with lobby area suitable for appliances, WC, main chamber with doors and steps to the garden.
* Separate utility and boiler room, further workshop/store.
* Three first floor double bedrooms and a large family bathroom with a suite comprising panelled bath, wash hand basin and WC, large walk-in fully tiled shower, heated towel rail.
* Further inner landing/children's games room with skylight and window to front.
* Second floor large double aspect main bedroom with Victorian fireplace, painted exposed floorboards, separate dressing room/fifth bedroom with a window and painted floorboards, large adjacent bathroom with Roman style mosaic surround to the bath, twin wash hand basins, WC, heated towel rail, window, wood effect floor.
* The garden which is easily managed lies to the front and comprises an attractive paved area with raised beds, small lawn, borders, gate to front and adjacent off road parking for at least four vehicles and a bin store area.
All mains services are connected. The gas fired boiler is located in the basement.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band G.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
Anker and Partners earn supplementary income from various sources relating to the provision, referral and introduction of services and products to our clients and customers. This may be in the form of a fixed fee or a percentage of a premium, fee or invoice. This is not done in all cases and use of these providers/suppliers is not mandatory. Clients are entirely free to choose their own products, services and providers. We declare this intention within our Terms of Business and by signing these documents our clients and customers confirm their agreement to us doing so.
"Anker and Partners were brilliant from start to finish. All the staff were friendly and professional throughout the process. Their expert knowledge was spot on; the valuation was realistic to the price the property sold for as well as the speed of the sale relative to the state of the market. I would gladly recommend them to someone putting their property on the market. A very satisfied customer."