- An exceptional 1930's four bed house re-furbished extensively to a high standard
- Immaculate modern presentation
- Four double bedrooms
- Large family friendly rear garden
- Greatly extended to the side and rear
- Loft conversion creating a master suite
- Very impressive bathrooms on each floor
- Sought after location
- Open plan kitchen/family area
An exceptional recently re-furbished 1930's family home in a sought after location that really must be viewed, greatly extended offered with a large rear garden
Banbury town centre 0.8 miles
Banbury railway station 1.75 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 2 miles
Oxford 22 miles
Chipping Norton 14 miles
Stratford upon Avon 20 miles
Leamington Spa 18 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 17 mins
From Banbury town centre proceed in a southwesterly direction toward Chipping Norton (A361). Travel along the Bloxham Road and having passed The Easington public house turn left into the slip road and the property will be found on the left hand side.
BANBURY is conveniently located only two miles from Junction 11 of the M40, putting Oxford (23 miles), Birmingham (43 miles), London (78 miles) and of course the rest of the motorway network within easy reach. There are regular trains from Banbury to London Marylebone (51 mins) and Birmingham Snow Hill (55 mins). Birmingham International airport is 42 miles away for UK, European and New York flights. Some very attractive countryside surrounds and many places of historical interest are within easy reach.
163 BLOXHAM ROAD is an attractive 1930's semi detached house that has undergone extensive and tasteful renovation work by the current owners. The house has been re-configured internally and extended at the side and rear to offer a very spacious family friendly house in one of the more sought after popular roads in the town. Location wise this house is ideal for families as it is within walking distance of local primary and secondary schools, the town centre and railway station and it is also a stones throw from some beautiful countryside. Families searching in this area will find it difficult not to love this property. It offers a large separate sitting room, ground floor shower room, beautiful open plan kitchen, dining area and family room, utility room, home office, four double bedrooms, large family bathroom, an en-suite to the family bathroom, large rear garden, driveway parking and planning permission to extend further at the rear if required. All of this space, whilst at the same time being finished to a superb standard. Please watch our video to see the property in more detail.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* Entrance via a small yet convenient porchway with space to keep coats and boots.
* Entrance hallway with attractive wooden flooring continued into the kitchen, utility room and dining area, stairs rising to the first floor, doors to shower room, kitchen and sitting room.
* A homely feeling sitting room having recently laid carpet, bespoke bench seat with built-in storage in bay window, inset log storage for log burner.
* Fully re-fitted shower room with a white suite comprising shower cubicle, rainfall style shower head, WC and wash basin over vanity unit, Calcutta marble effect tile to floor and wall, frosted window to front aspect.
* Fully re-fitted kitchen with a range of high quality shaker style base and eye level units, Minerva work top, inset Belfast style sink, integrated Miele double oven and Miele induction hob, space for dishwasher, freestanding fridge freezer, ample storage space, door to utility room, opening to the dining area.
* Dining/family area. This bright light and airy space is open to the kitchen and family area and runs across the rear of the property. There is ample space for dining table and chairs with high ceilings, velux roof windows and French doors allowing plenty of light to flow into the space. The two sets of French doors at the rear open onto the rear garden and going into the property from the dining area there is a good sized family room ideal as a snug or playroom.
* The utility room forms part of the side extension and is a very good size, there is a door leading to the rear garden and a door to the home office. The utility room offers a sink and space for washing machine and various fitted cupboards, one of which houses the Gloworm gas fired boiler which is fitted with a pump to ensure good water pressure.
* Home office. A compact room but again convenient, currently used as a home office having desk space and connection points.
* The first floor landing has doors leading to all first floor rooms with a staircase rising to the master suite loft conversion.
* Bedroom two is a good sized double bedroom with two windows to the front aspect and space for a dressing area.
* Bedroom three again is a good sized double bedroom with bay window to the front aspect and fitted wardrobes.
* Bedroom four is a double bedroom with window to rear.
* The family bathroom has been created in the space in the extension to the side of the property and has been re-furbished to offer a superb tasteful feature bathroom offered with a modern white suite comprising a free standing bath, large shower cubicle, WC and wash basin set within vanity unit, very smart herringbone tiled splashbacks, wood effect flooring with two windows to rear.
* The second floor master suite forms part of the loft conversion. What is now on offer is a well planned space offering good sized master bedroom with velux windows, large built-in cupboard, eaves storage and en-suite shower room.
* The en-suite has wooden flooring and a white suite comprising shower cubicle, WC and wash basin. Again with modern tiled splashbacks and a velux window to the rear aspect.
* The garden is a very good size typical with 1930's properties within the area and is level and family friendly. Adjoining the house is a large decked area that is partially covered by a pergola ideal for entertaining into the evening. There is a paved patio area and pathway which leads onto a large recently re-laid lawn area approximately 100' in length.
* The front aspect is an attractive block paved driveway providing off road parking space for two vehicles.
All mains services are connected. The boiler is located in the utility room.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band D.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
Anker and Partners earn supplementary income from various sources relating to the provision, referral and introduction of services and products to our clients and customers. This may be in the form of a fixed fee or a percentage of a premium, fee or invoice. This is not done in all cases and use of these providers/suppliers is not mandatory. Clients are entirely free to choose their own products, services and providers. We declare this intention within our Terms of Business and by signing these documents our clients and customers confirm their agreement to us doing so.
"We had a portfolio of 10 properties with another Agent who had, in our opinion, "mis-managed" for some time. Having consulted Margaret and been impressed with her professionalism, we decided to transfer them to Anker and Partners. We have not looked back and are so happy with the service we now receive. Thank you Margaret and your team."