- Barn conversion
- Charming detached residence
- Standing in a generous plot
- Charming village with duck pond
- Between Banbury and Leamington Spa
- Sitting room with log burner
- Flagstone, beams, wood floors
- High pitched ceilings
- Kitchen/dining room
- Very large parking area
A DETACHED BARN CONVERSION STANDING IN A GENEROUS PLOT IN ONE OF THE AREA'S PRETTIEST VILLAGES BETWEEN BANBURY AND LEAMINGTON SPA.
Banbury 6.5 miles
Leamington Spa 15 miles
Stratford upon Avon 17 miles
Oxford 32 miles
Junction 12 (M40 motorway) 6 miles
From Banbury proceed in a northwesterly direction along the Warwick Road (B4100). Continue for approximately 5 miles and turn right where signposted to Warmington. Travel into the village along Mollington Lane and having passed The Plough take the first turning left into Chapel Street and at the T-junction turn left into School Lane and the property will be found toward the end on the right hand side. Turn in where you see a sign facing you for Springfield House follow the drive straight ahead toward a gate and follow it around the left hand turn to arrive at Springfield Barn.
WARMINGTON is an attractive conservation village about 5 miles northwest of Banbury with a population of about 300, it has a pretty village green, duck pond, public house and late 13th Century church. Excellent shopping and leisure facilities can be found in nearby Stratford upon Avon, Leamington Spa and Banbury. There is easy access to local schools including The Carrdus, Winchester House, Bloxham School and Tudor Hall private schools and buses run to the Warwick and Leamington schools, Stratford Grammar School and Sibford School. Easy access to the M40 at both Junction 11 and 12 and regular rail service from Banbury to London Marylebone, Leamington Spa and Birmingham.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A stone barn conversion which we understand was converted in 1999.
* Located in a Conservation Area.
* A charming property with features including flagstone floor, beams, exposed stonework, high pitched ceilings and wood floors.
* Occupying a large plot with extensive off road parking, two vehicular accesses and outbuildings.
* The accommodation allows a degree of flexibility with three or four bedrooms as required. The fourth would also be suitable as an office or garden room.
* There are lovely far reaching views across a valley to Mollington.
* Porch with flagstone floor and side door to patio.
* Hall with door to cupboard housing the oil fired boiler and steps down to the kitchen/dining room.
* Sitting room with log burner, windows to front and rear, exposed beams in a high pitched ceiling, steps up to the inner hall.
* Farmhouse style kitchen/dining room with cream units, built-in oven, hob and extractor, integrated fridge/freezer, plumbing for dishwasher and washing machine, exposed beams, windows to front, side and rear over the gardens, tiled floor and solid wooden work surfaces.
* Master bedroom with built-in wardrobes, window to front with lovely outlooks over the gardens and countryside beyond toward Mollington, hatch to loft and door to en-suite shower room with a fully tiled shower cubicle, semi recessed wash hand basin and WC, window, heated towel rail, tiled floor, fitted cupboards and extractor.
* Two further bedrooms with wood floors.
* Fourth bedroom/office or garden room with window to front and lovely outlooks, ceramic tiled floor, French doors opening to the garden, exposed stonework, high pitched ceiling with large velux window, wall light point and electric underfloor heating.
* Bathroom fitted with a white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, semi recessed wash hand basin and WC, door to built-in airing cupboard, tiled floor, heated towel rail.
* The private driveway and exceptionally large parking and turning space is approached via a section of shared driveway over which there is a right of way in favour of Springfield Barn. The private area starts where the more recent tarmac driveway has been laid and there is a remote controlled electric gate. There is a second vehicular access from the B4100 leading via a double gate which was formerly a farm access. There is off road parking space for two more vehicles in front of the gate.
* Beyond the large frontage there are outbuildings which were formerly open bay garages and now provide storage/workshop space and could be converted into a home office or even an annexe subject to planning permission and Listed Buildings Consent.
* The gardens include paved terraces to the front, beds and borders, whilst the main area lies to the rear, the majority of which was purchased from a neighbouring land owner and must not be changed into formal gardens as part of an agricultural restriction but can be left as grass, wild flowers and orchard with fruit trees as it currently is. From the top of the garden there are spectacular views across countryside across a small valley.
All mains services are connected with the exception of gas. The Worcester Bosch oil fired boiler is located in a cupboard off the hall.
Stratford upon Avon District Council. Council tax band F.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
Anker and Partners earn supplementary income from various sources relating to the provision, referral and introduction of services and products to our clients and customers. This may be in the form of a fixed fee or a percentage of a premium, fee or invoice. This is not done in all cases and use of these providers/suppliers is not mandatory. Clients are entirely free to choose their own products, services and providers. We declare this intention within our Terms of Business and by signing these documents our clients and customers confirm their agreement to us doing so.
"To Jeremy and all the team at Anker With our thanks for a successful and smooth sale."