- Beautifully presented two bed apartment
- Duplex apartment on two floors
- Converted Grade II Listed building
- Converted in 2018
- Allocated parking to rear
- Pets permitted
- Front garden solely owned by subject property
- Town centre location
- Walking distance to railway station
- Stunning character features
A SUPERB DUPLEX TWO BEDROOMED APARTMENT IN A RECENTLY CONVERTED GRADE II LISTED BUILDING LOCATED IN A PROMINENT TOWN CENTRE LOCATION.
Banbury Cross 0.2 miles
Banbury railway station 0.5 Miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 2.5 miles
Oxford 21 miles
Stratford upon Avon 19 miles
Leamington Spa 18 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx 17 mins
If approaching on foot, you can go through the main black door directly from South Bar Street directly into the property.
BANBURY is conveniently located only two miles from Junction 11 of the M40, putting Oxford (23 miles), Birmingham (43 miles), London (78 miles) and of course the rest of the motorway network within easy reach. There are regular trains from Banbury to London Marylebone (55 mins) and Birmingham Snow Hill (55 mins). Birmingham International airport is 42 miles away for UK, European and New York flights. Some very attractive countryside surrounds and many places of historical interest are within easy reach.
FLAT 1, 48 SOUTH BAR STREET is a most impressive two bedroom apartment that forms part of a 2018 renovation of a Grade II Listed building. The renovation was tastefully finished, retaining as many original features as possible, including period decor, large feature sash windows and high ceilings. The property is a duplex apartment split over two floors with the entrance off the main front door off South Bar Street and at the rear from the car park. On the lower ground floor there is the second bedroom. Though a Grade II Listed building, the apartment is modern in design with there being a large open plan family dining/kitchen area being the hub of the accommodation. There are two double bedrooms, family bathroom and external communal area as well as communal parking.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A renovated Grade II Listed building.
* Immaculately presented two bedroom apartment.
* Walking distance to town centre and railway station.
* Entrance lobby off South Bar Street with access to the main sitting room area.
* There is another door at the rear of the apartment that leads to the corridor leading to the car park.
* Main sitting room/dining room area with wood flooring, space for table and chairs, lounge area with large sash windows ot front, spotlights, opening to the kitchen.
* Kitchen with a range of shaker style units, electric oven, four ring electric hob with extractor hood over, tiled splashbacks, one and a half sink unit with mixer tap over, spotlights.
* Good sized bathroom with stone tiled floor, WC and wash basin, velux window, free standing bath, walk-in shower cubicle with subway tiled splashbacks.
* Bedroom one is a double with a sash window to front.
* On the lower ground floor is the second bedroom or reception room with double glazed window to front, spotlights, glass oak double doors, two built-in storage cupboards.
* Externally to the rear of the property there is a communal garden with patio area, decorative gravelled area, raised borders and small astroturf area. The front area of garden facing South Bar Street is owned entirely by the vendors.
* Communal resident car park to rear with one allocated numbered parking space (accessed via West Bar Street).
The property is held on a 125 year lease which commenced in 2018. Service charge £1,000 per annum. Ground rent £250 per annum until 2027.
All mains services are connected.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band B.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
Anker and Partners earn supplementary income from various sources relating to the provision, referral and introduction of services and products to our clients and customers. This may be in the form of a fixed fee or a percentage of a premium, fee or invoice. This is not done in all cases and use of these providers/suppliers is not mandatory. Clients are entirely free to choose their own products, services and providers. We declare this intention within our Terms of Business and by signing these documents our clients and customers confirm their agreement to us doing so.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
"We have recently purchased a property through Ankers. We had a wonderful experience with them. Whole process was smooth and straightforward from the very beginning till the end. Kim and Marie were extremely helpful. We are very thankful to entire team for making our dream home a reality. We highly recommend Ankers and Partners. "