- Retirement flat overlooking the canal
- Modern kitchen and bathroom
- Town centre location
- Short walk to all amenities
- Good communal facilities
- No onward chain
A ONE BEDROOMED FIRST FLOOR RETIREMENT APARTMENT OVERLOOKING THE CANAL IN THE TOWN CENTRE.
Banbury town centre 0.2 miles
Banbury railway station 0.5 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 1 mile
Oxford 22 miles
Stratford upon Avon 20 miles
Leamington Spa 19 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 19 mins
From Banbury Cross proceed via Horsefair and into North Bar. Turn left at the traffic lights into Castle Street and bear left at the mini roundabout and right at the next mini roundabout into Spiceball Park Road. Chamberlaine Court will be found after a short distance on the right. Number 37 is a first floor apartment approached via stairs or lift.
BANBURY is conveniently located only two miles from Junction 11 of the M40, putting Oxford (23 miles), Birmingham (43 miles), London (78 miles) and of course the rest of the motorway network within easy reach. There are regular trains from Banbury to London Marylebone (55 mins) and Birmingham Snow Hill (55 mins). Birmingham International airport is 42 miles away for UK, European and New York flights. Some very attractive countryside surrounds and many places of historical interest are within easy reach.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A first floor retirement apartment overlooking the gardens and canal.
* Pleasant southerly aspect.
* Very convenient location only yards from The Castle Quay shopping centre via a footbridge immediately behind the communal gardens.
* East access to the new development currently under construction where there will be a new cinema complex and supermarket as well as other food outlets and facilities.
* Spacious open plan living room with window overlooking the canal and garden, open access to the kitchen.
* Modern kitchen with Cherry wood units.
* Double bedroom with built-in wardrobe and window overlooking the canal and garden.
* Modern bathroom fitted with a white suite comprising panelled bath with shower unit over and fully tiled surround, semi recessed wash hand basin with cupboard under and WC, extractor.
* Excellent range of communal facilities including reception hall, lift and staircase, residents lounge, opening to the well tended south facing garden and gated access to the canalside, adjacent kitchenette, separate laundry, House Manager.
* Guest suite available by reservation.
* Centralised emergency system via pull cords in the apartment.
* Communal off street parking.
* No onward chain.
* All mains services are connected with the exception of gas.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band B.
The length of the lease is 120 years from 24th June 1993. It expires on 23rd June 2113. There are circa 94 years remaining. The service charge is £2,184.37 per annum and the ground rent is £455.88 per annum.
This development is restricted to at least one occupant being 55 years or over.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
"We sold and purchased our new house through Anker and Partners and dealt with Marie and various other members of the team, all of which were pleasant, professional and a pleasure to deal with. Anker's kept us informed throughout and we would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to sell or purchase a house."