- Period stone and thatched cottage
- Tucked away position
- Sitting room with open stone fireplace
- Quality kitchen
- Two bedrooms
- Private south facing rear garden
- No onward chain
A DELIGHTFUL PERIOD STONE AND THATCHED COTTAGE WHICH HAS BEEN BEAUTIFULLY MODERNISED, QUIETLY TUCKED AWAY IN THIS THRIVING VILLAGE BETWEEN BANBURY AND CHIPPING NORTON.
Banbury 4 miles
Chipping Norton 10 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 6 miles
Oxford 23 miles
Banbury railway station 5 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 6 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 17 mins
From Banbury proceed in a southwesterly direction towards Chipping Norton (A361). Enter Bloxham village passing the shops on the right hand side, continue past The War Memorial and having just passed St. Marys Church on your left take the first right hand turning into Hawke Lane. Travel a short distance along and the property will be found on the left hand side after the left hand bend.
BLOXHAM lies approximately 4 miles away from Banbury. It is a highly sought after and well served village with amenities including shops, public houses, parish church, independent and comprehensive secondary schools, primary school, post office, bus service, doctor's surgery and golf driving range.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A charming period cottage constructed of local Hornton stone beneath a thatched roof.
* Sympathetically modernised and well maintained.
* Quiet position within this highly sought after North Oxfordshire village.
* Attractive low maintenance south and west facing garden with views to St. Marys Church spire.
* Sitting room with open stone fireplace, beamed ceiling, three wall lights, wall mounted thermostat, matwell, window seat.
* Attractive re-fitted kitchen with stainless steel sink unit having mixer tap, base units having working surfaces, cupboards and drawers, eye level cabinets, Neff electric oven, ceramic electric hob, dishwasher, washing machine, space for fridge with working surface above, wall mounted gas boiler for domestic hot water and central heating, beamed ceiling, electric spotlighting, ceramic tiled splashbacks, ceramic tiled floor, stairs rising to first floor.
* Landing having trap to insulated roof space, shelved recess.
* Two bedrooms, main bedroom has wall to wall built-in wardrobes and a telephone point.
* Excellent re-fitted bathroom having a shower cubicle, wash basin with mixer tap, bidet, WC, chrome radiator, ceramic tiled walls, tiled flooring, shelved recess, downer spotlighting.
* The cottage overlooks its south and west facing garden from which there are some lovely views of the church spire. The garden has been landscaped for ease of maintenance and comprises flower and shrub beds, pathways and at its foot there are three Silver Birch trees. Outside tap. Outside lighting.
All mains services are connected. The gas combination boiler is in the kitchen.
Cherwell District Council Council tax band D.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
"We found Ankers to be a very professional and friendly team, nothing was too much trouble and they were always available on the phone. The viewings were always conducted well and everything else was stress free. 5 stars."