- Beautifully renovated Edwardian townhouse
- Spacious rooms with period features
- Five bedrooms and two bathrooms
- Large rear garden
- One of an individual pair
- Easy walking to town centre
- New high quality bathroom
- Sitting room with wood burning stove
- Beautiful stained glass windows
A HANDSOME SEMI DETACHED RECENTLY MODERNISED EDWARDIAN VILLA WITH ORIGINAL ART NOUVEAU FEATURES AND NEW FITTINGS.
Banbury town centre 0.2 miles
Banbury railway station 1 mile
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 2 miles
Oxford 21 miles
Stratford upon Avon 19 miles
Leamington Spa 17 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx 17 mins
From Banbury town centre proceed in a Southerly direction along South Bar and at the traffic lights turn right toward Bloxham and Chipping Norton (A361). The property will be found after a short distance on the right hand side. A "For Sale" board has been erected for ease of identification.
BANBURY is conveniently located only two miles from Junction 11 of the M40, putting Oxford (23 miles), Birmingham (43 miles), London (78 miles) and of course the rest of the motorway network within easy reach. There are regular trains from Banbury to London Marylebone (55 mins) and Birmingham Snow Hill (55 mins). Birmingham International airport is 42 miles away for UK, European and New York flights. Some very attractive countryside surrounds and many places of historical interest are within easy reach.
16 BLOXHAM ROAD is one of an individual pair of beautiful semi detached Edwardian three storey townhouses constructed circa 1913. It has a number of beautiful period Art Nouveau features including stunning stained glass windows, fireplaces, doors, picture rails, wood flooring and a lovely balcony on the first floor. It has, over the last two years, been sympathetically renovated. There is in excess of 2,000 square foot of accommodation complimented by high ceilings, original fireplaces and picture rails and wood floors. There are five double bedrooms in all with a luxury en-suite shower room to the master. There are far reaching views over the gardens, rooftops and beyond to the west where there are often beautiful sunsets to be enjoyed.
At the foot of the rear garden there is a garage/workshop.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* Hall with superb parquet wood block floor, beautiful original stained glass window with leaded lights, picture rails, delightful original bannisters, purpose made cast iron period style radiator.
* Utility and ground floor cloakroom re-fitted with a white suite.
* Sitting room with cast iron wood burning stove in a corner fireplace, stunning large window with stained glass and leaded lights, coving.
* Re-fitted kitchen with new white gloss units incorporating a range master double oven with induction hob and extractor hood over, quartz work surfaces and island with breakfast bar, integrated storage solutions, space for fridge/freezer, plumbing for dishwasher, mahogany wood floor running through an open arch to the semi open plan dining room with purpose made cast iron period style radiator, window to rear and large velux window.
* Conservatory, the only room which has not been renovated as some prospective purchasers may wish to extend or create an enhanced outside space. Planning permission has been granted to provide an impressive garden room.
* Landing with stairs to second floor, window to front and door to the charming balcony.
* Master bedroom with ornate original fireplace, window to rear overlooking the garden and views beyond over the town, door to a luxury new en-suite shower room with fully tiled Matki double shower cubicle and remote controlled Aqualisa Digital Quartz shower, period style wash hand basin with cupboards under, WC, two sash windows, heated towel tail, door to built-in airing cupboard, ceramic tiled floor with underfloor heating.
* Four further double bedrooms over two floors with original fireplaces in three.
* Large second floor bathroom with a new white Heritage suite comprising a panelled bath with remote controlled Aqualisa Digital Quartz shower over and fully tiled surround, wash hand basin and WC, heated towel rail, ceramic tiled floor with underfloor heating, large velux window to rear.
* Re-decorated and re-carpeted.
* Gas central heating via radiators.
* Lawned front garden, path to front door and stone wall to front boundary.
* Large west facing rear garden with lawn and borders beyond which is a parterre of Box trees and Lavender, a former vegetable plot which would be suitable for a further lawned area, seating area or retained as a productive area.
* Personal door from the back garden to the garage which is approached via a vehicular access from Beargarden Road.
All mains services are connected. The wall mounted gas fired boiler is located in the utility room on the ground floor where there is also plumbing for a washing machine and space for further appliances.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band E.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
"Anker and Partners looked after the sale of a property which had been our family home for over 50. They managed the marketing in the most appropriate way for a house with such character and found a buyer who considered it their dream home. The process was as smooth and swift as it could be and we were kept informed throughout. I would have no hesitation in recommending the firm."