- One bedroom retirement apartment
- On the ground floor
- Town centre location
- Opposite The Castle Quay
- South facing gardens and parking
- Communal parking
A ONE BED GROUND FLOOR RETIREMENT FLAT IN CHAMBERLAINE COURT LOCATED IN THE TOWN CENTRE YARDS FROM CASTLE QUAY SHOPPING CENTRE.
Banbury town centre 0.5 miles
Banbury railway station 0.5 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 1 mile
Oxford 22 miles
Stratford upon Avon 20 miles
Leamington Spa 18 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx, 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 17 mins
From Banbury Cross proceed via Horsefair and into North Bar and turn right at the traffic lights into Castle Street. Bear left at the mini roundabout and right at the next one into Spiceball Park Road and Chamberlaine Court will be found after a short distance on the right. Number 8 can be found on the ground floor.
BANBURY is conveniently located only two miles from Junction 11 of the M40, putting Oxford (23 miles), Birmingham (43 miles), London (78 miles) and of course the rest of the motorway network within easy reach. There are regular trains from Banbury to London Marylebone (51 mins) and Birmingham Snow Hill (55 mins). Birmingham International airport is 42 miles away for UK, European and New York flights. Some very attractive countryside surrounds and many places of historical interest are within easy reach.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A ground floor one bedroomed retirement apartment.
* Very convenient location only yards from the Castle Quay shopping centre via a foot bridge immediately behind the communal garden.
* Large sitting room/dining room with window to front.
* Kitchen with a range of base and eye level units, sink unit, space for electric cooker, fridge freezer.
* Generously proportioned double bedroom with double built-in wardrobe and folding mirrored doors.
* Bathroom fitted with a suite comprising a shower cubicle with seat, WC and wash hand basin. Shaver point, wall mounted electric heater, anti-slip lino flooring, half tiled walls.
* Secure gated access to the block paved pathway and towpath leading to a small bridge with the shopping centre on the far side.
* Excellent range of communal facilities including reception hall, lift and staircase, residents lounge, opening to the well tended south facing garden and gated access to the canalside, adjacent kitchenette, separate laundry, House Manager.
* Guest suite available by reservation.
* Centralised emergency system via pull cords in the apartment.
* Communal off street parking.
* All mains services are connected with the exception of gas.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band B.
120 year lease which commenced on 24 June 1993.
Service charge - £2,232.38 per annum.
Ground rent - £382.62 per annum.
This development is restricted to at least one occupant being 55 years or over.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
"Claire was super helpful with our purchase through Anker. Highly recommended!"