- Sought after village location
- Potential for brilliant family home
- Well kept over the years
- Very spacious with room to extend
- Brilliant project opportunity
AN OPPORTUNITY TO ACQUIRE A RARELY AVAILABLE SEMI DETACHED HOUSE, REQUIRING MODERNISATION, IN A SOUGHT AFTER VILLAGE LOCATION.
Entrance hall, sitting room, dining room, kitchen, larder, three bedrooms, bathroom, gardens, workshop, WC, rear store, no onward chain. Energy rating D.
Banbury 3 miles
Oxford 25 miles
Stratford upon Avon 20 miles
Leamington Spa 19 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 5 miles
Banbury railway station 5 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 19 mins
From Banbury proceed in a Northerly direction toward Southam (A423). After approximately 2.5 miles turn right where signposted to Great Bourton and Cropredy. Proceed into Great Bourton and the property will be found after approximately 200 yards on the right hand side. A "For Sale" board has been erected for ease of identification.
GREAT BOURTON is located approximately 3 miles to the North of Banbury with easy access to the M40 motorway. Within the village there is a public house, park/play area with football pitch and new play equipment for children, church and twice weekly bus service to Banbury. The nearby village of Cropredy is approximately 1 mile distant. Here there are good facilities including a parish church, Methodist chapel, two public houses, doctors surgery, shop, primary school and twice weekly bus service.
8 MAIN STREET is a spacious non-estate semi detached house. In our opinion the property would benefit from modernisation throughout. On offer is a spacious house with good sized rooms throughout with further potential to extend. To the front there is a large frontage that could be converted to offer large ample off road parking. The rear garden is a good size, very private and not overlooked. We believe that there is scope to create a lovely family home in this highly regarded village. The property is also offered with no onward chain.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the room sizes and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features include:
* A non-estate spacious family home.
* Pleasant location in the sought after village of Great Bourton.
* Offered with no onward chain.
* Entrance hall with space for coats hanging rail, stairs to first floor, doors to the sitting room and dining room.
* Dining room with space for a table, multi fuel burning stove.
* Sitting room which is dual aspect, fitted rayburn Aga.
* Kitchen fitted with a range of base and eye level units with working surfaces over and cupboards and drawers beneath, tiling to splashback areas, space for white goods, space for cooker, door to coal sheds, door to larder.
* Old coal shed with light and power, workshop space.
* Outside WC.
* Landing with hatch to loft which is insulated and has scope to develop.
* Bedroom one is a double and houses the airing cupboard and built-in storage cupboard.
* Bedroom two is a double and has built-in storage.
* Bedroom three is a good sized single.
* Bathroom fitted with a suite comprising bath, WC and wash basin.
* Outside the property the rear garden comprises a patio area, lawn, flower and shrub borders, access to the front. Oil tank. The front has the potential to convert to off road parking.
The boiler is located in the workshop/shed leading from the kitchen.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band C.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
"Very professional and personal service. Very efficient, understanding and knows what they are doing!"