Merisham Court, Banbury
A RARE OPPORTUNITY TO ACQUIRE A SPACIOUS GROUND FLOOR TWO BEDROOMED RETIREMENT FLAT IN VERY GOOD CONDITION IN AN EXCEPTIONALLY CONVENIENT LOCATION.
Communal hall, large private hall, excellent storage, large well lit sitting room, kitchen with integrated appliances, two double bedrooms, shower room, communal lounge, laundry, guest room, gardens and car parking.
Banbury town centre 0.2 miles
Banbury railway station 0.75 miles
Junction 11 (M40) 1.5 miles
Stratford upon Avon 19 miles
Oxford 21 miles
From Banbury Cross proceed via Horse Fair into North Bar and continue straight on at the traffic lights into Southam Road (A423). After a short distance turn right into School Lane and take the first turning right where signposted to Merisham Court. Follow the sign to the parking area on the right and Merisham Court will be found on the right.
BANBURY is conveniently located only two miles from Junction 11 of the M40, putting Oxford (23 miles), Birmingham (43 miles), London (78 miles) and of course the rest of the motorway network within easy reach. There are regular trains from Banbury to London Marylebone (55 mins) and Birmingham New Street (50 mins). Birmingham International airport is 42 miles away for UK, European and New York flights. Some very attractive countryside surrounds and many places of historical interest are within easy reach.
6 MERISHAM COURT is a ground floor retirement apartment which is part of a modern development constructed in 2009. It offers spacious well equipped accommodation including two double bedrooms. The accommodation includes a large hall, spacious sitting room with two windows including a large bay creating a light and airy room with glazed double doors to the kitchen. The kitchen has a range of modern fittings and integrated appliances. The main bedroom has a built-in double wardrobe and the second bedroom is larger than average. The shower room has a modern white suite and is fully tiled. There is an excellent range of communal facilities including lounge with direct access to the gardens, laundry and car park.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A rare opportunity to acquire a two bedroomed retirement apartment in this conveniently located development close to town.
* Very well presented spacious accommodation.
* Very well equipped with modern fittings.
* Hall with doors to large storage cupboard and separate double built-in airing cupboard.
* A light and airy spacious sitting room with bay window.
* A modern well equipped kitchen with built-in oven, hob and integrated extractor, integrated fridge and freezer, single drainer sink, work surfaces, window.
* Main bedroom with double built-in wardrobe with shelving and mirrored doors, window.
* Spacious second bedroom with window.
* Modern shower room fitted with a white suite comprising a fully tiled shower cubicle, semi recessed wash hand basin with cupboards under and WC, fully tiled walls, extractor, wall mounted electric towel rail/radiator.
* Communal entrance, hall, sitting room with direct access to the landscaped gardens, laundry, guest room with en-suite, gardens and parking area.
* House Manager and emergency telephone system with pull cords.
The property is held on a 125 year lease which commenced on 1st January 2009.
Ground rent £495 per annum. Service charge £3172.46 per annum.
All mains services are connected with the exception of gas.
Cherwell District Council. Council Tax Band B.
Please note that an age restriction applies whereby one occupier has to be 60 years old as a minimum.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.