4 The Broadway, Lambourn
A DETACHED PERIOD PUBLIC HOUSE WITH A THRIVING TRADE IN THE HEART OF LAMBOURN VILLAGE IN THE "VALLEY OF THE RACEHORSE".
Hungerford 9 miles, Newbury 14 miles
Wantage 9.5 miles, Swindon 15 miles
Oxford 27 miles
Didcot and Newbury to London Paddington about 45 & 55 minutes respectively
Junction 14 (M4 motorway) 6 miles
* Attractively situated in the heart of Lambourn village in the "Valley of the racecourse".
* Lambourn village includes a doctor's, dentist, pharmacy, two small supermarkets, Post Office, butchers, bakers and several other shops, churches and a primary school.
* The surrounding countryside is designated an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
* The towns of Hungerford, Wantage and Swindon are within easy reach and include comprehensive daily facilities including mainline railway stations. The M4 is approximately 6 miles distant providing access to London and the West country.
* Trains to London run from Hungerford or Swindon.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features include:
* A detached two storey period property.
* Well maintained, constructed of brick and tile with part rendered elevations.
* Good position within the village with front access off the street and main entrance accessible from the car park.
* Good car park to rear.
* Rear courtyard with covered smoking and seating area.
* Potential to convert outbuildings to letting rooms (subject to permissions).
* Central bar servery catering for front and rear trade areas.
* Although at present enjoying a huge "wet trade" and excellent turnover there is a dining room and scope for serving food.
* Good living accommodation at first floor level.
* Centrally heated.
The property enjoys the benefit of a 21 year lease on a full repairing and insuring basis which commenced in February 2015. The current rent is £25,500 per annum exclusive of rates, with 3 yearly rent reviews. There is a tie for beer (Green King). The pub is free of tie for wines, spirits, cider, soft drinks and alcopops plus gaming machine. The landlord company is Morelands.
A premises licence exists, the main licencing hours currently being:
Monday - Thursday 10 am until 11.30 pm
Friday and Saturday - 10 am until 1.30 am
Sunday 11 am until 11.30pm
The property is in an area administered by West Berkshire Council. The VOA website shows the property has a Rateable Value of £20,600.
All mains services are connected.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.