- Delightful double fronted period cottage
- Exceptionally sought after delightful village
- Three double bedrooms, two bathrooms
- Wealth of character
- Two receptions, study, conservatory
- Good sized rear garden
- Small cellar
- Two inglenook fireplaces
- Modernisation required
A charming double fronted period cottage requiring modernisation with a wealth of character and a generous rear garden in the heart of this exceptionally popular well served village
The village of DEDDINGTON offers many amenities including several shops providing for everyday needs, post office, Health & Community Centres, library, hotels and restaurants, recreation ground, the Church of St Peter and St Paul and the Wesleyan Chapel. Also within the village there is the Church of England primary school plus Deddington falls within the Warriner catchment for secondary education. Further comprehensive facilities can be found in both Oxford and Banbury whilst access to the M40 motorway can be gained at junctions 10 or 11.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A charming stone and slate period double fronted terraced cottage in the Conservation Area.
* With a wealth of character including period features such as two inglenook fireplaces, beams and exposed joists.
* Extensive ground floor accommodation extended to provide flexible accommodation which would suit homeworkers.
* We believe that most prospective purchasers will wish to carry out some modernisation.
* Two reception rooms both of which have inglenook fireplaces and wood flooring.
* Spacious conservatory with power and light connected.
* Cellar with light and power connected.
* Kitchen well lit with three windows to the side, plumbing for dishwasher, gas cooker point, space for fridge/freezer, base and eye level units, open access to the breakfast room which has a stable door to the garden and wall mounted gas fired boiler, laminate wood effect floor.
* Study with window to side, wood effect laminate floor, velux window and a door to the wet room/WC fitted with a white suite, fully tiled walls, window, heated towel rail.
* Utility/studio which is well proportioned and has plumbing for washing machine, space for tumble dryer and freezer, sink, window to side, French doors to the garden, further velux window in the high ceiling.
* Hatch to loft space with insulation and board which can provide scope for conversion subject to planning permission and building regulations approval where required.
* Main double bedroom with window to front, exposed beams and joists, built-in cupboard.
* Second smaller double bedroom with window to front and door to built-in cupboard/wardrobe.
* Third double bedroom with window to side and open access to a dressing area with wash hand basin, built-in wardrobe and exposed joists which may provide scope for an en-suite facility subject to building regulations approval where required.
* Bathroom fitted with a white suite comprising panelled bath, wash hand basin, WC, door to large built-in airing cupboard, large window.
* The garden which lies to the rear is of a good size and larger than average for a property of this type in the village with a patio, path to a raised lawn and borders, Apple tree and sheds.
All mains services are connected.
* No upward chain.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band D.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
Energy rating: E
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
"We have been using Ankers Residential Lettings for more than 20 years now, and they have been managing our properties for more than 10 of those years. During this time we have always found them to be professional and proactive, ensuring that we don’t fall foul of the latest legislation and that we are aware of any issues with our properties/tenancies. They “vet” potential tenants, ensuring that they are suitable for the property and that their credentials are valid. Ankers Residential Lettings deliver good old-fashioned excellent service to both landlords and tenants"