- Period stone and thatched Grade II Listed cottage
- Pretty position near the church and canal
- Three bedrooms
- Sought after village location
A DELIGHTFUL PERIOD STONE AND THATCHED GRADE II LISTED COTTAGE IN A PRETTY POSITION NEAR THE CHURCH AND CANAL IN THIS DESIRABLE AND HISTORIC VILLAGE.
Porch, living room, sitting room/snug, kitchen/dining room, utility, three bedrooms, bathroom, central heating, garden.
Banbury 5 miles
Junction 11 (M40) 6 miles
Oxford 26 miles
Stratford upon Avon 21 miles
Leamington Spa 17 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 17 mins
From Banbury proceed in a Northerly direction towards Southam (A423). After approximately 3 miles turn right where signposted to Cropredy. Travel through Great Bourton and follow the road into the village. At the first green signposted "The Plantation" turn right and then take the next left hand turning before the canal bridge into "Roundbottom". This road leads into Red Lion Street. For viewing purposes pull up on the left hand side opposite the white sign for Prescott Manor Farm. Butterfly Cottage will then be found two doors up from The Red Lion Inn on the right hand side. A "For Sale" board has been erected for ease of identification.
CROPREDY is a well served village famous for the battle of Cropredy Bridge, the canal which runs through it and the annual Fairport Convention Festival. Amenities include a parish church, Methodist chapel, two public houses, doctors surgery, shop, tea room, primary school and bus service.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the room sizes and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A charming predominantly stone built thatched cottage which is Grade II Listed as being of historical and architectural importance.
* Situated in a picturesque location in a quiet village lane .
* Many period features throughout to include exposed beams, inglenook fireplace and window seats.
* Porch with outside light.
* Living room with inglenook having wood burning stove within, beamed ceiling, window seat, pleasant outlook over churchyard, three wall lights, wall mounted thermostat, TV point.
* Sitting room/snug with open Victorian fireplace, shuttered windows, three wall light points.
* Inner hall with stairs rising to first floor.
* Downstairs cloakroom having WC and wash basin.
* Kitchen/dining room with single drainer sink unit with mixer tap, stainless steel oven, extractor hood, ceramic hob, ceramic tiled splashbacks, spotlighting, plumbing for automatic dishwasher, slate floor, space for fridge freezer, wine rack.
* Utility room having plumbing for automatic washing machine, space for tumble dryer, door to garden.
* Two doubles and a single bedroom.
* Bathroom fitted with a suite comprising corner bath with mixer tap and shower attachment, WC, wash basin. Built-in airing cupboard having LPG boiler within for domestic hot water and central heating system.
* There is a pleasant rear garden extending to approximately 60'. This has a lawn, a decking area, pathway and there is a Pear tree. Outside lighting. Outside tap. Garden shed at foot of garden. There is a right of way from the rear garden to the neighbouring property on the left.
* Parking on street.
All mains services are connected with the exception of gas. Liquid propane gas serves the boiler for domestic hot water and central heating. This is located in the airing cupboard within the bathroom.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band D.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
"Thank you so much for all the efforts made on our behalf in the sale of Lower Barn, Shotteswell. We appreciate very much the work you put in to get things moving. We were extremely satisfied with every part of our sale and once again Anker & Partners have given us a first class service. The purchase of Lower Barn was through your firm and you have justified our coming back to you for our sale. Many thanks to you and all the team. "