- Brand new non-estate detached house
- Situated in the heart of village
- Kitchen/dining room
- Integrated appliances
- Four bedrooms
- Two bathrooms
- Within 10 minutes drive of Soho Farmhouse
- Plenty of off road parking
- Air source energy saving heat pump
A SPACIOUS BRAND NEW ENERGY EFFICIENT NON-ESTATE DETACHED HOUSE BUILT TO AN EXACTING STANDARD, SITUATED IN THE HEART OF THIS WELL PLACED AND HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER NORTH OXFORDSHIRE VILLAGE.
Banbury 6 miles, Chipping Norton 9 miles
Oxford 17 miles, Banbury railway station 5.5 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins, Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 19 mins
From Banbury proceed in a Southwesterly direction toward Chipping Norton (A361). Travel through the village of Bloxham and having passed the church bear left at the mini roundabout where signposted to The Barfords. Continue for approximately 1.5 miles travelling through Barford St. John and onward to Barford St. Michael. Continue through the narrow section known as The Rock and after approximately 200 yards turn right into Townsend. The property will be found on the right hand side where a "For Sale" board has been erected for ease of identification.
BARFORD ST. MICHAEL is a pleasant, sought after and relatively small village lying between the larger villages of Bloxham and Deddington. Within the village there is a public house, Village hall with groups for toddlers and the elderly, Post Office/farm shop with a vast range of services and parish church. There is a monthly market selling local produce and gifts. A wider range of facilities can be found in the other aforementioned villages.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the room sizes of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features include:
* A detached house constructed in natural stone with some render beneath a tiled roof under construction by local builders of high repute L&H New Build. A 10 year NHBC Certificate is signed off.
* Built to the highest specification the property is situated in the heart of the village which is well placed between the nearby villages of Deddington and Bloxham and is a short drive to the local Soho Farmhouse.
* In the neighbouring village of Bloxham, there is the highly regarded Bloxham Private School, along with a primary school that also is performing at a brilliant level.
* Entrance hall with stairs rising to first floor, burglar alarm pad, wall mounted thermostat.
* Cloakroom having vanity wash basin with mixer tap, WC.
* High quality "Living" kitchen/dining room with integrated appliances, one and a half bowl sink unit with mixer tap, base units having working surfaces, cupboards and drawers, eye level cabinets, Neff stainless steel double fan oven, halogen induction hob, American style Samsung fridge freezer, Neff stainless steel cooker extractor hood, dishwasher, concealed lighting above working surfaces, ceramic tiled splashbacks, single door and bi folding doors to patio and rear garden.
* Utility room having stainless steel sink with mixer tap, base units with working surfaces and cupboards, eye level cabinets, space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer, extractor fan, built-in cupboard housing hot water cylinder fitted with electric immersion heater.
* Large living room (28' x 18') having multi fuel stove and oak mantle, TV/satellite points, lamp points.
* Landing with eaves cupboard and velux roof lights, wall mounted thermostat.
* Four double bedrooms all of which have TV points within and computer points.
* En-suite shower room in bedroom one.
* Luxury family bathroom having bath with mixer tap, shower screen and dual shower heads, wash basin with mixer tap, WC, electric lit mirror, ceramic tiled splashbacks.
* Excellent electrical specification throughout with ceiling and wall lighting.
* Excellent quality sanitaryware in white with chrome fixtures and fittings. Pressurised water system.
* Laminate flooring in hall, kitchen/dining room, living room and bathrooms.
* Centrally heated and double glazed.
* TV points and telephone points, smoke and carbon monoxide alarms, burglar alarm.
* USB points throughout.
* Outside security lighting, outside tap.
* Large block paved parking area at the front with space for up to five/six cars. Good sized level rear garden with large patio, shrub border, pathways either side - 60' x 45' approx.
Mains water, electricity and drainage connected. An air source heat pump has the potential to reduce emissions by up to 50% and offers a 30% saving on running costs when compared to traditional means of domestic heating.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
"We used Anker and Partners to sell our home in Great Bourton. From the initial visit to value the property to the completion we found their service to be efficient and professional. The ladies who showed around prospective buyers were very good at promoting the property. The office staff were really helpful in guiding us through the sales process. The sale was a long drawn out one due to a very slow legal process from our buyers. The Anker staff were excellent in chasing up and communicating with us on the progress. Without their persistence on our behalf I feel it would have taken even longer. We were very grateful we had used them to act for us."