- Wonderful opportunity in Great Bourton
- House never before sold
- Detached property in 1/4 acre
- 1970's house requiring modernisation
- Great scope and potential
- Ideal family house
- Substantially extendable subject to planning
- No upward chain
An individual non-estate detached house constructed in the 1970's and requiring modernisation standing in a plot extending to approximately quarter of an acre with great scope and potential
GREAT BOURTON is situated in attractive countryside just north of Banbury. The village has an active community, and amenities include a modern village hall, The Bell Inn public house and All Saints Church, dating back 600 years. The nearby village of CROPREDY is very well served, famous for the battle of Cropredy Bridge, the canal which runs through it and the annual Fairport Convention Festival Weekend. Amenities there include a parish church, Methodist chapel, two public houses, doctors surgery, shop, coffee shop/tea room, sports field for football, tennis and cricket clubs, children's play area, primary school and bus service.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A first opportunity to purchase this individual detached brick built non-estate property.
* Originally constructed for the current owner in the mid 1970's.
* Requiring modernisation Bellcrest offers great scope and potential to improve and extend it to create a modern family home.
* Standing in gardens which surround the house and extend to approximately a quarter of an acre.
* Hall with wood block floor and galleried landing over.
* Double aspect main reception room with natural stone fireplace (not functional) and chimney breast.
* Separate dining room/snug with window to rear.
* Kitchen/breakfast room with well maintained original units and a door to the rear lobby which in turn opens to the garden, has a cupboard housing the oil fired boiler and doors to the WC and integrated garage.
* Four first floor bedrooms, three of which have built-in wardrobes.
* Bathroom with a champagne coloured suite and separate WC.
* Oil central heating and uPVC double glazing.
* Driveway and turning area providing extensive off road parking leading to the large single integrated garage (non-operable door) which could be converted into additional accommodation if required. Initial access over a shared area of drive owned by the neighbouring property over which Bellcrest has a right of way.
* Gardens extending to front, side and rear with lawns, borders, shrubs and trees as well as a practical paved area at the side where there is an oil tank and a covered area by the side door.
All mains services are connected with the exception of gas.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band F
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
"We have been using Anker to let our properties for a few years and have been very happy, they are always quick to reply and helpful. No complaints at all!!"