- Spacious first floor retirement apartment
- Well positioned overlooking the garden
- Two double bedrooms
- Large lounge with lovely outlook
- Open plan kitchen/living
- Large wet room
- Gas underfloor heating
- 75% share for sale
- Lovely landscaped communal gardens
- Large communal parking area
An exceptionally spacious first floor retirement apartment with outlooks over the rear garden
Banbury town centre 1 mile
Banbury railway station 1.5 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 2.5 miles
Oxford 21 miles
Stratford upon Avon 20 miles
Leamington Spa 19 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 19 mins
From Banbury Cross proceed in a southerly direction via South Bar to the traffic lights. Turn right where signposted to Chipping Norton into the Bloxham Road (A361). Take the third turning on the left into Springfield Avenue and then first right into Ruskin Road. Stanbridge House will be found almost immediately on the left hand side where car parking and the main entrance can be found at the rear.
BANBURY is conveniently located only two miles from Junction 11 of the M40, putting Oxford (23 miles), Birmingham (43 miles), London (78 miles) and of course the rest of the motorway network within easy reach. There are regular trains from Banbury to London Marylebone (55 mins) and Birmingham Snow Hill (55 mins). Birmingham International airport is 42 miles away for UK, European and New York flights. Some very attractive countryside surrounds and many places of historical interest are within easy reach.
STANBRIDGE HOUSE is a modern retirement development located within walking distance of the town centre. It offers a range of communal facilities together with care and support services if required. It is available to those aged 55 years and over. Only 10 of the apartments are privately owned and therefore this represents a rare opportunity as the remainder are rented. Please note that although we are offering a 75% share of the property there is no rent payable on the remaining 25%.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* An exceptionally spacious first floor two bedroom retirement apartment.
* Overlooking the landscaped rear gardens which enjoy a southwesterly aspect and feature a beautiful mature Oak tree as the centre piece.
* Large communal hall, lift/stairway to the first floor.
* Large private hall with built-in cupboard,
* Very large living room with window to rear overlooking the gardens enjoying a lovely outlook, open access to the kitchen.
* Modern kitchen with base and eye level wood effect units incorporating a built-in eye level oven, ceramic hob and extractor, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, work surfaces, window overlooking the garden and fields.
* Two double bedrooms both with windows to rear overlooking the gardens.
* Large wet room fitted with a white suite comprising large shower area, wash hand basin and WC, extractor.
* Gas underfloor heating and double glazing,
* Range of communal facilities including lift, very large residents lounge and kitchenette, laundry, guest suite, large public restaurant, hairdressers, further lounge, buggy store and charging area (if required), southwest facing landscaped gardens and large parking area.
* A wide range of social activities are available (subject to Covid restrictions) including a gardening club and weekly activities.
All mains services are connected.
The property is held on a 125 year lease which commenced in 2012. There are monthly charges totalling £328.38 which include the gas underfloor heating and water usage, maintenance of communal areas, court manager costs and buildings insurance, repairs and maintenance, central alarm monitoring, housing staff. There is an additional care support charge of £16.80 per week (per flat not per person) which provides extra care for the provision of night staff from 10pm until 7am 365 days a year, emergency assistance from outside staff 24 hours a day and emergency personal care and assistance in communal areas during activities.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band C.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
Anker and Partners earn supplementary income from various sources relating to the provision, referral and introduction of services and products to our clients and customers. This may be in the form of a fixed fee or a percentage of a premium, fee or invoice. This is not done in all cases and use of these providers/suppliers is not mandatory. Clients are entirely free to choose their own products, services and providers. We declare this intention within our Terms of Business and by signing these documents our clients and customers confirm their agreement to us doing so.
"The team at Ankers were integral to us getting our property completion over the line prior to the stamp duty deadline. They chased solicitors on both sides, got the vendor involved where needed, and generally provided a pro-active, professional and friendly service!"