- Delightful Grade II Listed cottage
- Charming character property in pretty village
- Ideal for first time buyers
- Ideal second home
- Accommodation on three floors
- First floor bathroom with white suite
- Open plan ground floor living
- Modest outside space to rear
- Exposed beams, floorboards and fireplace
A charming stone built Grade II Listed cottage ideal for first time buyers, downsizers or as a second home
Banbury 5 miles
Southam 13 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 6 miles
Stratford upon Avon 22 miles
Leamington Spa 15 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx 17 mins
From Banbury proceed in a northerly direction toward Southam and Coventry (A422). Continue for approximately 4 miles and turn left where signposted to Mollington. Travel through the village and The Jetty will be found as a row of terraced stone and thatched cottages on the left. The subject property is the second from the right.
MOLLINGTON Is a charming village with an active community situated in attractive countryside just to the north of Banbury. Village amenities include a village hall, 18th century public house and Point to Point racecourse, while additional day-to-day needs can be met in the nearby village of Cropredy which benefits from a GP's surgery, shop, school and public houses. More extensive shopping and commercial facilities are available within nearby Banbury. The property is well located for state and private schools including St John's Priory School, The Carrdus at Overthorpe, Bloxham School, Tudor Hall School and Winchester House. There are competitive tennis, football, cricket and bowling clubs. Communication links are excellent with a railway station within the town centre and trains to London Marylebone in about 50 minutes and Birmingham New Street in 40 minutes respectively. Easy access to the M40 motorway at Junction 11. Birmingham Airport is less than 40 miles away
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A charming Grade II listed stone built period property.
* Located in the heart of this pretty village located on the North Oxfordshire/South Warwickshire borders.
* This is a relatively small cottage which would ideally suit 1 or 2 people requiring a first home, downsizing or would make an ideal weekend retreat for those looking for a second home in the country.
* Full of character this delightful property includes exposed beams, brick and stonework, brick fireplaces, exposed chimney breasts.
* Open plan ground floor living space including a brick fireplace with wood burning stove, stable door opening to the rear garden, stairs to first floor, beams, kitchenette.
* First floor main bedroom with exposed floorboards, brick fireplace, window to rear, stairs to second floor and door to the bathroom.
* Bathroom fitted with a white suite comprising a panelled bath with shower unit over and fully tiled surround, wash hand basin and WC, door to built-in airing cupboard.
* Second double bedroom approached via stairs from the main bedroom with exposed beams and joists, exposed brick wall and chimney breast, exposed stonework, window to rear with far reaching rural views.
* Externally there is a modest garden with a small natural pond from the spring. There is a shared path with the neighbouring property which leads to the rear of the terrace on the right to a shared gravelled parking area which we understand is Parish land where permission has been granted for these cottages to park informally over many years.
All mains services are connected with the exception of gas. Heating is electric.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band B.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
Anker and Partners earn supplementary income from various sources relating to the provision, referral and introduction of services and products to our clients and customers. This may be in the form of a fixed fee or a percentage of a premium, fee or invoice. This is not done in all cases and use of these providers/suppliers is not mandatory. Clients are entirely free to choose their own products, services and providers. We declare this intention within our Terms of Business and by signing these documents our clients and customers confirm their agreement to us doing so.
"We bought our first house with Anker and when it was time to sell it we decided to use their services again. We don't regret it. The house sold quickly, the transaction went smoothly and we sold it for a very good price. There is always someone on the other side of the phone, the agents are all very professional (not pushy) and up to speed. Cannot fault them and can highly recommend their service."