- A delightful period country cottage
- Many character features
- Generous plot in charming village
- Exposed beams and joists
- Sitting room with wood burner
- Very recently refitted kitchen/diner
- Two double bedrooms
- Large garden with outbuildings
- Off road parking for two
A delightful stone built period cottage with a great deal of charm and character complemented by modern fittings and standing in a generous plot
Banbury 5 miles
Southam 13 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 6 miles
Stratford upon Avon 22 miles
Leamington Spa 15 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx 17 mins
From Banbury proceed in a northerly direction toward Southam and Coventry (A422). Continue for approximately 3 miles and turn left where signposted to Mollington. Travel into the village passing a small row of cottages on the left and the property will be found a little further on set back on the left hand side where a small gate can be seen with the name Cannonball Cottage on it.
MOLLINGTON Is a charming village with an active community situated in attractive countryside just to the north of Banbury. Village amenities include a village hall, 18th century public house and Point to Point racecourse, while additional day-to-day needs can be met in the nearby village of Cropredy which benefits from a GP's surgery, shop, school and public houses. More extensive shopping and commercial facilities are available within nearby Banbury. The property is well located for state and private schools including St John's Priory School, The Carrdus at Overthorpe, Bloxham School, Tudor Hall School and Winchester House. There are competitive tennis, football, cricket and bowling clubs. Communication links are excellent with a railway station within the town centre and trains to London Marylebone in about 50 minutes and Birmingham New Street in 40 minutes respectively. Easy access to the M40 motorway at Junction 11. Birmingham Airport is less than 40 miles away
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A stone built cottage believed to date back to the 18th Century.
* A charming property in a delightful village location.
* Occupying a generous plot with gardens to front and rear.
* Living room with beams and fireplace with wood burning stove.
* Recently refitted and remodelled open plan kitchen/dining room which has been exceptionally well planned and fitted with cream units complemented by marble effect granite work surfaces, island and breakfast bar, space for range cooker, Belfast sink, integrated fridge and freezer, microwave and washer/dryer, door and windows overlooking the rear garden, exposed stone floor, exposed beams and stanchions, stable door to the garden.
* Main double bedroom with window to front and built-in wardrobes.
* Second double bedroom with window to rear and door to built-in wardrobe/cupboard.
ursery with exposed brick wall, beams and internal window.
* Bathroom fitted with a white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, separate fully tiled shower cubicle, semi recessed wash hand basin and WC, ceramic tiled floor, heated towel rail and window.
* To the front a winding path leads to the front door and porch dividing a lawn and borders.
* The rear garden is a particular feature which as mentioned above is larger than average and includes a large wooden deck, lawn and well stocked borders, large timber summerhouse and a gate leads to a pedestrian side access which in turn leads to two off road parking spaces which are accessible from Main Street. There is also a wooden shed and brick store.
* All mains services are connected with the exception of gas.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band D.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
Anker and Partners earn supplementary income from various sources relating to the provision, referral and introduction of services and products to our clients and customers. This may be in the form of a fixed fee or a percentage of a premium, fee or invoice. This is not done in all cases and use of these providers/suppliers is not mandatory. Clients are entirely free to choose their own products, services and providers. We declare this intention within our Terms of Business and by signing these documents our clients and customers confirm their agreement to us doing so.
"A very professional service from the team. You were very understanding of the difficulties because we live some distance away and offered a range of assistance. Your knowledge of the market was excellent and your website brought a high number of visits and enquiries. You sold the house and we could not have asked for a better service. Would recommend you very highly - very many thanks."