- Beautifully presented Grade II cottage
- Delightful sought after village
- Ideal for M40 and railway
- Between several historic towns
- Exuding character throughout
- Sitting room with wood burner
- Stunning open plan kitchen/diner
- Beam, inglenook, exposed stonework
- Elevated position
- South facing garden
A beautiful Grade II Listed stone cottage in a charming village between Banbury, Warwick/Leamington Spa and Stratford
M40 (junction 12) 4 miles
Warwick and Leamington Spa 8 miles
Stratford upon Avon 10 miles
Warwick Parkway railway station 10 miles
Banbury 14 miles
Take the exit at J12, M40 and turn left towards Gaydon. And at the roundabout take the third exit onto the B4100 Banbury Road. Continue on the B4100 for approximately 2 miles and take the left turn signposted Lighthorne. Continue down into the village and at the village green turn right. Continue along Church Lane towards the church and Number 1 Church Cottages can be found opposite Fairfield and before reaching the church.
LIGHTHORNE is a relatively small and charming village very conveniently located for a number of destinations including M40 junction 12, Leamington Spa, Warwick, Stratford upon Avon and Banbury as well as smaller destinations such as Moreton Morrell, Kineton and Wellesbourne. Within the village there is a pub and village hall and just west of the village is the church of St. Lawrence. Within the village hall which has a play park there are (under normal circumstances) regular mother and baby groups, film club, fitness classes, social evenings and a Post Office that opens three afternoons a week. Sports facilities include tennis and cricket clubs and sports field.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features include:
* A beautiful Grade II Listed cottage.
* Very well presented and complimented by a range of character features including beams, inglenook style fireplace with wood burning stove, oak floors, exposed stonework and wall timbers.
* A practical and versatile home with excellent storage, ground floor cloakroom and utility room.
* Second reception room which is currently a family room but would also make a lovely home office/playroom or formal dining room if preferred.
* The large open plan kitchen/diner is a particular feature of the property and is ideal for modern living. It includes a range of bespoke painted units complimented by granite work tops and incorporating an oil fired range cooker, integrated hob, dishwasher and wine chiller. There is space for a large fridge freezer and the tiled limestone floor has underfloor heating. This is a double aspect room with French doors opening to the rear and a window overlooking the front.
* Master bedroom with high ceiling, fitted wardrobes and door to a luxury en-suite shower room with large fully tiled walk-in shower.
* Two further double bedrooms and a modern family bathroom.
* Additionally on the first floor there is a useful study area.
* The main area of garden lies to the front with an attractive south facing area which is elevated affording a high degree of privacy from the street below and it includes a patio and seating area, lawn and borders, lavender beds either side of a path to the front door which also extends via a gate to the rear.
* To the rear there is a small courtyard garden providing further very private space to sit in complimented by a beautiful curved high stone wall and enhanced by timber clad outbuildings including a garden store and home office with power and light connected. A gate provides access to a right of way from the subject property to the rear of the terrace.
All mains services are connected with the exception of gas. The oil fired boiler is located in the ground floor cloakroom.
Stratford upon Avon District Council. Council tax band E.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
Anker and Partners earn supplementary income from various sources relating to the provision, referral and introduction of services and products to our clients and customers. This may be in the form of a fixed fee or a percentage of a premium, fee or invoice. This is not done in all cases and use of these providers/suppliers is not mandatory. Clients are entirely free to choose their own products, services and providers. We declare this intention within our Terms of Business and by signing these documents our clients and customers confirm their agreement to us doing so.
"My family have been renting out a property through Ankers Lettings department for over 15 Years and have never experienced any problems. Margaret and the team are both friendly and professional and have managed all aspects of the property in an efficient and caring manner. We would highly recommended this agency"