- Grade II Listed cottage
- Period home of character
- Modernisation required
- Accommodation on three floors
- Three bedrooms
- Sitting room with beams and fireplace
- Open plan kitchen/diner
- garden to rear
- Relatively small village with pub
A CHARMING SEMI DETACHED GRADE II LISTED THREE BEDROOMED COTTAGE REQUIRING MODERNISATION.
Banbury 7 miles
Oxford 20 miles
Bicester 11 miles
Junction 10 (M40 motorway) 6 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx 17 mins
From Banbury proceed in a southerly direction toward Oxford (A4260). Upon reaching the traffic lights in Adderbury turn left toward Bicester (B4100). Continue into the village of Aynho and after approximately a ¼ of a mile turn right where signposted to Clifton and Deddington (B4031). Travel into Clifton and having passed The Duke of Cumberland's Head turn right into Tithe Lane and the property will be found after a very short distance on the right hand side and can be recognised by our "For Sale" board.
CLIFTON is a charming village situated approximately one and a half miles to the east of Deddington yet still remaining within the Parish of Deddington itself. The village has a public house, micro farm shop, and is noted for the picturesque water meadows along the banks of the river Cherwell tributaries. It also boasts a variety of countryside walks. The neighbouring village of Deddington offers many amenities including several shops providing for everyday needs, post office, Health and Community Centres, library, hotels, restaurants, award-winning farmer's market, recreation ground, Church of England Primary School (Ofsted rated Good) and for people wishing to worship there is the Church of St Peter and St Paul. A further comprehensive range of facilities can be found in both Oxford and Banbury whilst access to the M40 motorway can be gained at either junction 10 or 11. There is also an excellent mainline train service (London Marylebone & Birmingham) from both Banbury & Bicester.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* Semi detached stone built period property.
* Located in a relatively small village close to the the larger village of Deddington where there are shops, farmers market and a wider range of amenities including pubs and restaurants, primary school and sports facilities.
* Delightful period features including beams throughout.
* Stable door to porch and hall.
* Charming triple aspect sitting room with shuttered window and two further windows, fireplace (currently sealed), beams, deep shelved alcove.
* Open plan kitchen/dining room with cream units, built-in oven, ceramic hob, plumbing for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, door to pantry, beams, space for table and chairs, window and door to the rear garden.
* Large double aspect main bedroom with windows to front and rear and exposed beam.
* Large single bedroom with exposed beams.
* Large second bedroom on the second floor with built-in wardrobes, door to loft access, windows to side and rear.
* First floor bathroom with a coloured suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, wash hand basin and WC, heated towel rail, window.
* Electric night storage heating.
* Modernisation required.
* Small lawn and border to front.
* Pedestrian right of way across neighbour's property via gates to the rear garden where there is a stone flag patio, shingle path with borders surrounding various shrubs, Roses and flowering plants, further paved patio at the back. The garden is of modest proportions.
All mains services are connected with the exception of gas.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band D.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
Anker and Partners earn supplementary income from various sources relating to the provision, referral and introduction of services and products to our clients and customers. This may be in the form of a fixed fee or a percentage of a premium, fee or invoice. This is not done in all cases and use of these providers/suppliers is not mandatory. Clients are entirely free to choose their own products, services and providers. We declare this intention within our Terms of Business and by signing these documents our clients and customers confirm their agreement to us doing so.
"I sold my mother's house through Anker, when she moved into a care home; chose them because they seemed to be the agents most likely to find a good purchaser. Very happy with the way they kept me informed of viewings and feedback, and then with the way they kept buyer and seller in contact when the transaction was held up by the need to sort out probate on my mother's death. Always very pleasant by phone, email, and in person."