- Stunning cottage in quintessential village
- Painstakingly renovated to exceptional standard
- High quality finish
- Grade II stone and thatch
- Delightful character features retained
- Fully furnished
- Sitting room with inglenook
- Solid oak kitchen with Aga
- Ground floor cloakroom
- Off road parking and garage
A STUNNING PAINSTAKINGLY RENOVATED STONE AND THATCHED GRADE II LISTED COTTAGE TUCKED AWAY BEHIND THE VILLAGE GREEN IN THIS DELIGHTFUL QUINTESSENTIAL ENGLISH VILLAGE.
Banbury 7 miles
Stratford upon Avon 16 miles
Leamington Spa 19 miles
Oxford 35 miles
From Banbury proceed in a northwesterly direction toward Stratford (A422). Travel through Wroxton and continue for a further two miles turning left where signposted to Shenington. Travel through Alkerton and up the hill into Shenington. On reaching the village green on the left turn left on the far side of The Green and follow the road turning right just before Green End Cottage turn immediately right into a gravelled drive pass that property and April Cottage is approached via a five bar gate.
SHENINGTON is an extremely popular village with a well renowned primary school, public house/restaurant, parish church, doctor's surgery and pretty village green. It is located approximately 6 miles North West of nearby market town Banbury which offers extensive modern shopping, educational and leisure amenities and a main line railway station with regular services to London, Birmingham and the North. Sporting activities in the area include golf at Tadmarton and Adderbury, National Hunt racing at Warwick, Stratford upon Avon and Towcester and Motor racing at Silverstone.
APRIL COTTAGE is a charming period property which we believe dates back to 1660 and was re-constructed following the great fire of Shenington in 1713. We understand that it was extended approximately 30 years ago and has within the last six years been renovated to an exceptionally high standard by the current owners. It appears that this painstaking process has involved the highest quality materials and craftsmanship resulting in a cottage retaining its inherent character enhanced by first class fittings in keeping with its age and style. We believe this property would make an ideal full time residence or weekend retreat and is to be sold fully furnished.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimension and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* Beautiful solid oak front door opens to a large hall with oak floor, stairs to first floor and door to cupboard under.
* Double aspect sitting room with open inglenook fireplace with bread oven, inset lighting and power, oak floor, beams, windows to front and rear with seats under.
* Kitchen with solid oak units including carcasses and door fronts with integrated dishwasher, fridge, granite sink, drainer and work surfaces, electric double oven Aga, slate floor, window to rear, open access via steps to the dining room.
* Dining room with exposed beam, oak floor, stable door to rear, window to front.
* Cloakroom fitted with a white period style suite.
* Stunning main double bedroom with double aspect, high open pitch roof to ceiling, windows to front and rear, exposed beams and full height exposed stonework to one side.
* Second double bedroom also with double aspect and high ceiling.
* Period style bathroom with roll top "slipper" bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, wash hand basin on an oak stand, WC, window, exposed stonework, exposed beams.
* Bespoke solid oak Heritage double glazed windows throughout, bespoke oak doors, frames, skirting and joinery throughout with traditional hardware.
* Useful fully fitted utility outbuilding to the same high standard as the kitchen with oak units, large sink, wood work surfaces, space for fridge/freezer, plumbing for washing machine and space for tumble dryer, slate floor, window. Outside light and tap.
* A small shared area of driveway leads via a five bar gate to the gravelled off road parking area for two cars which leads to the large garage with power and light connected, window and double oak doors.
* To the side of the garage a path leads to the tucked away and relatively private generously proportioned southwest facing rear garden where there is a summer house, seating area, lawn and borders.
* There is a pedestrian right of way across the driveway in favour of the two neighbouring properties to allow access to their respective gardens.
* All mains services are connected with the exception of gas. Underfloor zoned electric heating. Sophisticated security system and CCTV.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band E.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
Anker and Partners earn supplementary income from various sources relating to the provision, referral and introduction of services and products to our clients and customers. This may be in the form of a fixed fee or a percentage of a premium, fee or invoice. This is not done in all cases and use of these providers/suppliers is not mandatory. Clients are entirely free to choose their own products, services and providers. We declare this intention within our Terms of Business and by signing these documents our clients and customers confirm their agreement to us doing so.
"Many thanks for everything you have done for us over the last 14 years. You are all fantastic, doing such a great job for us."