- Charming beautifully presented cottage
- Lovely rural views from garden
- Character features throughout
- Beams, windowseats and shutters
- Beautiful wood floors
- Potential to convert the loft
- Sitting room with open fire
- Separate dining room
- Kitchen with integrated appliances
- Breakfast room/study
A CHARMING BEAUTIFULLY PRESENTED STONE COTTAGE TUCKED AWAY IN A NO THROUGH ROAD WITH A WEALTH OF CHARACTER AND RURAL VIEWS.
Banbury 4 miles
Chipping Norton 12 miles
Oxford 26 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 17 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
From Banbury proceed in a westerly direction toward Shipston-on-Stour (B4035). After approximately a mile turn right where signposted to North Newington and Shutford. On entering the village Park Lane will be found as the first turning on the right. Proceed to the end of the road and the property will be found on the left.
NORTH NEWINGTON is a relatively small village lying approximately two miles west of Banbury and within the village there is a primary school and public house. Broughton Castle is nearby. There are parish churches in the nearby villages of Wroxton and Broughton. North Newington is within the catchment area for the Warriner secondary school in Bloxham.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* Delightful end terrace stone built period property which we believe dates back to the early 18th Century in parts.
* Beautifully presented and complimented by a number of character features including exposed beams, window seats, open fire and window shutters, extensive wood flooring.
* The spacious accommodation includes two reception rooms and two double bedrooms all with solid oak flooring.
* Porch with window to front and door to sitting room with window to front and wooden shutters, exposed beam, Victorian style fireplace with open grate, stripped pine doors to built-in cupboards.
* Dining room with window to front and shutters, beams, original Victorian light fitting, stairs to first floor.
* Kitchen with solid wooden units incorporating integrated dishwasher, built-in double oven, induction hob, integrated fridge and freezer, granite work surfaces and splashbacks, white ceramic sink with water filter, pantry cupboard and access to a further breakfast room/study with French doors opening to the garden, wood floor and velux window.
* Main bedroom with stripped pine doors to built-in cupboard, window to front with shutters and seat under, hatch to loft with fitted ladder.
* Double aspect second bedroom which is also a double bedroom with windows to front and side, fitted shutters and lovely outlooks, hatch to loft with large space offering potential to convert subject to planning permission and building regulations approval, fitted ladder.
* Exceptionally spacious and impressive bathroom with free standing roll top bath, separate large walk-in shower, wash hand basin, WC with Victorian style cistern, retro radiator, door to built-in airing cupboard with plumbing for a washing machine, black and white ceramic tiled floor.
* Oil fired central heating via radiators with external boiler.
* Lovely cottage garden to rear with Indian sandstone patio, gate to side access with a right of way across the neighbouring property via an alley to the front, lawn, raised border with retaining sleepers, further well stocked borders, large raised deck with lovely rural views, large summerhouse with window and lovely rural outlook, light and power connected, porch, deck and external power point.
* This is an exceptional property combining character and practicality in a charming location with delightful views and we strongly recommend viewing.
Agent's note I
It should be noted that the garage shown in the main photograph of the cottage does not belong to the subject property.
All mains services are connected with the exception of gas. The boiler is located externally to the rear. Double glazed windows. Carbon monoxide alarm. Stair bannister can be removed for access.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band D.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
Agent's note II
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
Anker and Partners earn supplementary income from various sources relating to the provision, referral and introduction of services and products to our clients and customers. This may be in the form of a fixed fee or a percentage of a premium, fee or invoice. This is not done in all cases and use of these providers/suppliers is not mandatory. Clients are entirely free to choose their own products, services and providers. We declare this intention within our Terms of Business and by signing these documents our clients and customers confirm their agreement to us doing so.
"Anker have been fantastic with our recent sale & purchase. I would highly recommend and wouldn’t consider using anyone else. Particular thanks to Jeremy and Marie - they genuinely helped ensure things went smoothly."