- Beautiful charming barn style property
- Recently landscaped rear garden
- Edge of village position with views of Dassett Hills
- Good sized garage with potential to convert subject to planning permission
- Four very good sized bedrooms
- Kitchen diner ideal for entertaining
- Sitting room with superb stone fireplace
- En-suite to master
- Small enclave of houses
- Very private position
A BEAUTIFUL FOUR BEDROOMED CONVERTED BARN ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF THE VILLAGE WITH A SOUTH FACING REAR GARDEN AND VIEWS OF AVON DASSETT HILLS.
Banbury 10 miles
Southam 8 miles
Warwick 15 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone 55 mins by train
From Banbury proceed along the A423 Southam Road. Having passed the villages of Little Bourton, Great Bourton and Mollington and after approximately 3 miles take the left hand turning signposted towards Farnborough. Continue along this road passing through Farnborough continuing onto the Dassett road. Continue along this road until reaching a T-junction, upon which take the right hand turning onto the Avon Dassett road towards Fenny Compton. Upon entering Fenny Compton Rectory Farm Court will be found on the left hand side. The subject property is the first on the left.
FENNY COMPTON is a quiet rural village at the foot of the Burton Dassett Hills on the South Warwickshire/North Oxfordshire borders. The village has a number of community features including a nursery and school, a sports field and children's playground, a village hall, a church and chapel, doctor's surgery and bowling green. There are a number of local businesses which operate in the village which include the village shop, two public houses/restaurant and a hairdressers.
BUTTERCUP BARN is a beautiful converted barn that forms part of a small enclave of houses known as Rectory Farm Court. The property offers a tasteful blend of character features and modern twists. The house itself is maintained to a high standard and is in excellent order throughout. Externally there is a landscaped rear garden, which is south facing and a real sun trap, and it also enjoys a view of the Dassett Hills. To the front there is an allocated parking space and garage. The garage is spacious and could be converted, subject to planning permission, to provide accommodation above, as neighbouring properties have done.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the room sizes and layout as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* Entrance hall with stone tiled flooring, spotlights, radiator, coats hanging space.
* Cloakroom having tiled flooring, half tiled walls, WC and wash basin, radiator, spotlights, extractor.
* Kitchen dining room having wood flooring, a range of natural wood shaker style base and eye level units with granite worktops, kitchen island, integrated oven and microwave, four ring induction hob, tiled splashbacks, extractor hood, inset sink unit with mixer tap over, integrated dishwasher, opening to the dining room in which there is space for table and chairs, door to rear garden, space for fridge freezer, exposed beam.
* Utility room having tiled floor and tiled splashbacks, plumbing for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, oil fired boiler.
* Good sized dual aspect sitting room with plenty of natural light with French doors onto the patio, window to front, exposed stonework and impressive fireplace with a log burning stove and spotlights.
* The first floor landing overlooks the entrance hall to the front, has spotlights, hatch to loft and doors to all first floor accommodation.
* Master bedroom which is dual aspect and has an en-suite comprising WC and wash basin, shower cubicle, tiled flooring, tiled splashbacks, velux window.
* Bedroom two is a double with two velux windows, views over Dassett Hills, wood effect Karndean flooring.
* Bedroom three is a double with a velux window and bedroom four is a single with velux window.
* Family bathroom having tiled flooring and tiled splashbacks, Wc and wash basin, bath with shower over, velux window,
* Recently landscaped south facing garden comprising a patio area, mostly laid to lawn, view of Dassett Hills, not overlooked.
* To the front there is a communal gravelled communal parking area. The parking for the subject property is in the row of cars on the right hand side and is the third in from the right. There is also a garage which is directly ahead being the furthest on the right, having double doors, light and power connected. Subject to planning permission it could be converted to offer further accommodation. To the right of the garage there is a brown gate in which the oil tank can be found (the first on the left).
Stratford upon Avon District Council. Council tax band F.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
Anker and Partners earn supplementary income from various sources relating to the provision, referral and introduction of services and products to our clients and customers. This may be in the form of a fixed fee or a percentage of a premium, fee or invoice. This is not done in all cases and use of these providers/suppliers is not mandatory. Clients are entirely free to choose their own products, services and providers. We declare this intention within our Terms of Business and by signing these documents our clients and customers confirm their agreement to us doing so.
"I used Anker for the sale of my house. They were professional in their approach and kept us informed and updated throughout the whole process. Would highly recommend. John and Dorothy McShane"