- Detached Grade II Listed cottage
- Standing in a large garden
- Character features including inglenook fireplace
- Two reception rooms and kitchen/diner
- Exceptional off road parking area
- Window seats, beams, exposed floorboards
- Two double bedrooms
- Ground floor cloakroom
- Mature sunny garden with outbuildings
- Plot extending to approx. 0.16 acres
A DELIGHTFUL STONE BUILT GRADE II LISTED COTTAGE WTH MANY CHARACTER FEATURES STANDING IN LARGE GARDENS.
Banbury town centre 1.25 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 2.5 miles
Banbury railway station 1.5 miles
Oxford 22 miles
Stratford upon Avon 22 miles
Leamington Spa 21 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail 55 mins approx.
Banbury to Oxford by rail 17 mins ap
Banbury to Birmingham by rail 50 mins approx.
From Banbury proceed in a southerly direction toward Oxford (A4260). On the outskirts bear left before the flyover where signposted to Bodicote and at the roundabout turn right travelling over the flyover and at the next mini roundabout continue straight ahead into White Post Road. Pass the school and the Council offices on the left and the property will be found on the left hand side and can be recognised by our "For Sale" board.
BODICOTE is a popular and thriving village lying approximately a mile and a half South of Banbury. It has a community feel with such groups as The Bodicote Cricket Club and Bodicote Players Amateur Dramatics. Within the village amenities include a Post Office/shop, two farm shops, two public houses, an Indian restaurant, Bishop Loveday Church of England Primary School, village hall, Banbury Rugby Club, Kingsfield sports and recreation area with children's playground, Bannatyne's Health and Leisure Club, and a bus service to and from the town centre.
BROWN THATCH is a Grade II Listed detached stone built cottage believed to date back to 1760 with a relatively recent ground floor extension. It stands in a larger then average plot extending to approximately 0.16 acres with well tended gardens, outbuildings and a generous off road parking area with space for several vehicles. The cottage has a number of character features including a large inglenook in the sitting room, beams, window seats and exposed floorboards. Externally features include stone mullions, leaded lights and a delightful Portico on the northern gable end. We understand that it was an Ostlers Cottage (a groom or stable man) and formed part of the Bodicote House Estate. The ground floor accommodation has been extended to provide a spacious kitchen/dining room in addition to the two reception rooms and ground floor cloakroom. There are currently two double bedrooms and a bathroom on the first floor however we believe that there is scope to extend further subject to planning permission and Listed Buildings Consent.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A delightful former Ostlers Cottage with a wealth of character located in the Conservation Area of the village.
* Standing in lovely mature well tended gardens.
* Hall and ground floor cloakroom with quarry tiled floors.
* Sitting room with large inglenook fireplace with log burner and concealed lighting, window seat and beams.
* Double aspect office/family room with painted brick fireplace, door to side, window to front with seat under, window to rear overlooking the garden.
* Double aspect kitchen/dining room. A spacious well lit room with high ceiling and two large beams, windows to side and rear overlooking the garden, Belfast sink and drainer, solid wooden base units, scope for fitting further storage, gas cooker point, plumbing for washing machine, space for fridge and freezer, space for table and chairs, door to front and quarry tiled floor.
* Large double aspect main bedroom with exposed floorboards, deep walk-in wardrobes, windows to side and rear with mullions and leaded lights.
* Second double bedroom with window to side and seat under.
* Bathroom fitted with a suite comprising panelled bath with shower unit over and tiled surround, wash hand basin with cupboard under, WC, windows.
* Large gravelled driveway to the side providing off road parking for at least five vehicles with gate to the rear garden.
* Large well tended rear garden enjoying a southerly aspect at the side and comprising a large patio, shallow steps up to lawns interspersed with trees, useful sheds and outbuildings including a workshop and store with power and light connected, fruit trees and soft fruits, borders with mature shrubs.
All mains services are connected. The wall mounted gas fired boiler is located in the airing cupboard on the landing.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band D.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
Anker and Partners earn supplementary income from various sources relating to the provision, referral and introduction of services and products to our clients and customers. This may be in the form of a fixed fee or a percentage of a premium, fee or invoice. This is not done in all cases and use of these providers/suppliers is not mandatory. Clients are entirely free to choose their own products, services and providers. We declare this intention within our Terms of Business and by signing these documents our clients and customers confirm their agreement to us doing so.
"I would highly recommend Anker, they were professional and extremely pleasant to deal with during the whole process of selling our house. We had dealings with a number of agents during the sale as we were in a chain of 5 and they were by far the best agent to deal with. In particular Marie was an absolute pleasure to work with. Thank you to all of the team at Anker, I would most certainly recommend you and use your services again."