- Detached enlarge property
- Elevated position
- Stone built with slate roof
- Five bedrooms
- Four reception rooms
- Single garage
A DETACHED FIVE BEDROOM STONE BUILT NON-ESTATE PROPERTY LOCATED IN AN ELEVATED POSTION WITHIN THIS POPULAR VILLAGE LOCATED TO THE WEST OF BANBURY.
Banbury 5 miles
Shipston-on-Stour 10 miles
Junction 11 (M40) 7 miles
Junction 12 (M40) 14 miles
Stratford upon Avon 17 miles
Leamington spa 20 miles
Oxford 35 miles
Banbury railway station 6 miles
From Banbury proceed along the B4035 Shipston-on-Stour road taking the turning right through the village of North Newington and proceed to the village of Shutford. Upon entering the village of Shutford, proceed through the village taking the last turning on the right hand side into West Street. Proceed up West Street taking the right hand turning into Malthouse Lane and follow the road around the sharp left hand bend and the property will be found on the right hand side.
SHUTFORD is a popular relatively unspoilt village with a public house, parish church and village hall. It is located approximately 5 miles to the west of Banbury which offers extensive modern shopping, education and leisure amenities and a mainline railway station with regular services to London Marylebone, Birmingham and the north. There is golf nearby at Tadmarton and Milcombe and also the historic houses of Upton House and Broughton Castle nearby.
OLD SCHOOL COTTAGE is a detached stone built property sympathetically enlarged six years ago by the current owners and situated in an elevated position within this popular village. The downstairs accommodation is open plan with features such as Italian limestone tiles with underfloor heating to the whole of the downstairs, ceiling beams and latched oak doors. Upstairs there are five bedrooms with en-suite to the master and two further bathrooms. Outside there are gardens with a single garage.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* Stone built enlarged property under a slate roof.
* Situated in a tucked away elevated position within the village.
* Italian limestone tiles with underfloor heating throughout the ground floor.
* Oak with latched brace doors throughout the ground floor.
* Sitting room with glazed double doors to garden terrace.
* Dining room with beamed ceiling, multi fuel stove with heavy wooden mantle above, stairs to first floor.
* Kitchen opening to breakfast room with a range of base and eye level oak effect units, Belfast sink, fitted oven with hob, space for dishwasher, space for upright fridge freezer, ceiling beams, velux window.
* Master bedroom with ceiling beams and en-suite shower room.
* Four further bedrooms.
* Family bathroom fitted with a white suite comprising bath with shower above, WC and wash hand basin. Chrome radiator/towel rail, velux window.
* Shower room with glazed shower cubicle, WC and wash hand basin.
* Gardens with elevated stone paved terrace with views over the village, flower borders with steps leading down to further lawned gardens. The garden is bordered by wooden fencing, oil tank.
* Single garage which houses the oil fired boiler having light and power.
* Mains water, electricity and drainage connected. Oil fired heating with the boiler being located in the garage.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band E (band review pending).
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Anker and Partners earn supplementary income from various sources relating to the provision, referral and introduction of services and products to our clients and customers. This may be in the form of a fixed fee or a percentage of a premium, fee or invoice. This is not done in all cases and use of these providers/suppliers is not mandatory. Clients are entirely free to choose their own products, services and providers. We declare this intention within our Terms of Business and by signing these documents our clients and customers confirm their agreement to us doing so.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
"I was a executor of a deceased estate and a house was part of the estate to sell, The house was local to Anker, but I live in Spain. which I imaged would cause me some headaches but Anker were so helpful and totally professional throughout the process, even when the original buyer pulled out through health reasons within a few days another buyer was found and the whole process was seamless. I would not hesitate to recommend them to any prospective buyer or seller. "