- Detached family house and annexe
- Tucked away location
- Exceptionally well served village
- Backing onto fields
- Main house with five bedrooms
- Two receptions, conservatory and office
- Balcony to master with views
- Energy rating C
- Generous off road parking
- Garden to rear overlooking fields
A RARE OPPORTUNITY TO ACQUIRE A LARGE FAMILY HOUSE AND SELF-CONTAINED ANNEXE
Banbury 3 miles
Brackley 9 miles
Oxford 25 miles
Northampton 20 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 1.5 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail 55 mins approx.
Banbury to Oxford by rail 17 mins ap
Banbury to Birmingham by rail 50 mins approx.
From Banbury proceed in an easterly direction toward Brackley (A422). At the top of Blacklocks Hill take the third exit continuing on the A422 for approximately a mile. Turn left where signposted to Middleton Cheney and having passed The New Inn on the left hand side turn right into Thenford Road. After a short distance following the numbering system turn right into a no through road and the property will be found as it bends around to the right at the end of the no through road on the left.
Middleton Cheney boasts a vibrant community for all dynamics. One of the largest villages in the South of the county. It has amenities not normally associated with village life. Facilities within the village include a chemist, three churches, vet's surgery, library, village store, post office and popular public houses. Hot food takeaways include a Fish & Chip shop and Ming's Chinese. The village hall offers a range of clubs & societies for all ages and there is schooling to cover Kindergarten right the way through to Sixth form education. A greater retail experience is located nearby in Banbury, where you will find all the top High Street outlets and "out of town" retail parks with free parking.
20 THENFORD ROAD is situated in a tucked away no through road this brick built detached house and annexe backs onto fields over which there are views. Here is a rare opportunity to acquire a spacious main residence and a self-contained annexe offering versatile accommodation for families, potential for homeworkers or letting.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* Hall with wood floor and ground floor cloakroom.
* Sitting room with wood floor and fireplace.
* Dining room with window to front.
* Kitchen with door to pantry and utility.
* Conservatory with doors to the rear garden and wall mounted gas fired boiler.
* Master bedroom with built-in wardrobes, large en-suite bathroom and balcony with lovely outlooks over fields to the rear.
* Four further bedrooms and an office.
* Self-contained annexe with sitting room/kitchenette, wet room and first floor double bedroom.
* Gardens lying mainly to the rear with deck, lawns, beds and borders, substantial timber outbuilding ideal for home workers or a gym or studio overlooking the garden with power and light connected.
* Off road parking to front with scope to create more.
All mains services are connected.
South Northants District Council.
Main house - Council tax band G.
Annexe Council tax band A.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Agent's note II
Since putting the property on the market an application for planning permission has been made on the land to the rear of the subject property for 23 new dwellings. The application number S/2020/0183/MAF is available on South Northants District Council website where it can be viewed.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
"We recently purchase our first house through Anker and Partners. Excellent service and very helpful. A big thank you to Marie and Jeremy. Highly recommended!"