- Grade II Listed cottage
- Recently re-thatched of very high quality
- Garage and off road parking
- No onward chain
- Modern kitchen and bathroom
- Small courtyard garden
- Beautiful functioning open fireplace
- Quiet lane position
- Sought after village of Adderbury
- Walking distance to amenities and public houses
AN IMMACULATELY PRESENTED CHARACTERFUL GRADE II LISTED STONE AND NEWLY THATCHED COTTAGE THAT OFFERS DECEPTIVELY SPACIOUS ACCOMMODATION WITH PLANNING PERMISSION TO EXTEND FURTHER, IN ADDITION THERE IS PARKING AND A GARAGE, OFFERED WITH NO ONWARD CHAIN.
Approximate distances - Banbury 3 miles, Oxford 19 miles, Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 5 miles
Banbury to Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins, Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 17 mins, Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
From Banbury proceed in a southerly direction toward Oxford (A4260). After approximately 2 ½ miles Adderbury will be reached. Continue straight on at the traffic lights and turn right immediately afterwards. Passing The Green on your left hand side, follow the road through the village and having passed The Coach and Horses public house on the right take the second right hand turning into Chapel Lane. Strawtop Cottage will be found as the third property on the right. Parking is available on the lane.
ADDERBURY is a particularly sought after and attractive village, situated in the North Oxfordshire countryside. Amenities include a primary school, hotel, village shop and four public houses offering good food and a fine 14th Century Parish Church. The village has a good community spirit and offers many clubs ranging from babies and toddlers clubs, Brownies, Scouts, photography, gardening, WI, bowls, golf, cricket, tennis and squash. The village is in the catchment area for The Warriner School at Bloxham.
STRAWTOP COTTAGE is a characterful stone and thatched cottage which is immaculately presented throughout. The cottage was built circa 1670/1680 and retains many character features that will be appreciated by potential purchasers, to include doors, floorboards and ceiling beams. Complimenting the character features, the rest of the property is very modern in design and presentation and would be an ideal option for those looking to live in the highly sought after village of Adderbury. The property is located within the conservation area of the village.
The accommodation is set over three floors and there is also a courtyard garden as well as a garage and parking. Being in the heart of the village, daily amenities and public houses as well as countryside walks are a short walk away.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* Entrance hall leading into a very pleasant corridor which has engineered oak flooring, storage cupboard, window and wall mounted thermostat, leading to the kitchen and sitting/dining room via an oak door. Door to side which leads to garage and parking.
* Kitchen having Fired Earth terracotta flooring, a range of base and eye level units with oak worktops over cupboards and drawers, inset sink unit with mixer tap over, integrated oven and Smeg electric hob over, plumbing for washing machine and dishwasher, space for fridge and tumble dryer. Metro tiled splashbacks, access to a small loft area.
* The sitting/dining room is a large open plan warm space with the engineered oak flooring continued, doorway leading to the courtyard garden, beautiful very well maintained fireplace with open hearth and wooden mantle - swept bi-annually and is in use. Beamed ceiling, deep windowsills with cupboards under, stairs rising to first floor with storage beneath.
* On the first floor there is a landing with airing cupboard housing the wall mounted combination gas fired boiler. Double bedroom with secondary glazing and built-in wardrobe. Stairs to second floor.
* Shower room with a Fired Earth fully tiled dual headed rainfall style shower cubicle, WC, heated chrome towel rail, Fired Earth vanity unit with storage cupboard below and stone wash basin.
* Second floor double bedroom with built-in wardrobe and cupboard, secondary double glazed leaded light window, original floorboards.
* The courtyard garden has space for a table and chairs for outside dining, is slabbed and low maintenance.
* Garage which is in a block of three and is the furthest on the right, accessed via an up and over door and offers good storage space. There is one parking space in front of the garage.
All mains services are connected.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band D.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
"Sold our house with Anker and all went very smoothly. We were really pleased with the service and staff were very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended"