- Charming Victorian cottage with views
- Large garden backing onto fields
- Very well presented
- Re-fitted kitchen and bathroom
- Lovely period features
- Sitting room with open fire
- Kitchen/dining room with views
- Two double bedrooms
- First floor bathroom
- Relatively small and pretty village
A CHARMING WELL PRESENTED AND UPDATED VICTORIAN COTTAGE WITH PERIOD FEATURES AND STUNNING OUTLOOKS OVER ADJOINING COUNTRYSIDE.
Banbury 3 miles
Stratford upon Avon 25 miles
Oxford 27 miles
Leamington Spa 22 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 5 miles
Banbury railway station 4 miles
Banbury to Oxford by rail 19 mins
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail 50 mins
From Banbury proceed in a northerly direction toward Southam (A423). After approximately 2½ miles turn right where signposted to Great Bourton. Travel into the village passing the pub and the church on the left hand side and continue past the turning for Valley View and before leaving the village the property will be found on the left hand side.
GREAT BOURTON is located approximately 3 miles to the North of Banbury with easy access to the M40 motorway. Within the village there is a public house, park/play area with football pitch and new play equipment for children, church and bus service to Banbury. The nearby village of Cropredy is approximately 1 mile distant. Here there are good facilities including a parish church, Methodist chapel, two public houses, doctors surgery, shop, tea room, primary school and bus service.
2 PROSPECT COTTAGES is a brick built mid terraced Victorian cottage believed to date back to circa 1860. It has over recent years been much improved and is now presented in very good decorative order. It has a number of period features including fireplaces, an original range in the kitchen, stripped pine doors and high ceilings. There are lovely far reaching views over adjoining fields, a small valley and miles of countryside beyond.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main feature are as follows:
* Charming well presented Victorian cottage.
* Delightful rural views.
* Period features including fireplaces, range in the kitchen, high ceilings and stripped pine doors.
* Sitting room with large window to front, Victorian open grate fireplace and arched shelved recesses.
* Re-fitted kitchen/dining room with cream shaker style units, original range and exposed chimney breast, electric cooker point, integrated dishwasher, space for fridge, space for freezer, larder cupboard, retro tiling, ceramic tiled floor, space for table and chairs, door to garden and two windows overlooking the garden and fields beyond.
* Large main bedroom with window to front and original Victorian cast iron fireplace.
* Second double bedroom with window to rear and stunning rural views.
* Re-fitted bathroom with a white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, wash hand basin and WC, door to airing cupboard with plumbing for washing machine.
* Landing with stripped pine doors and hatch to generous loft space with scope to convert to further accommodation if required subject to building regulations approval.
* Low maintenance gravelled frontage with Lilac Tree and shared path, ample space for bins.
* Larger than average rear garden with large stepped wooden deck and lawn beyond with borders and beautiful views. There is an outside tap, power and light. The neighbour has a pedestrian right of way across the rear decking.
All mains services are connected with the exception of gas. There is a recently installed electric heating system.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band C.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
"My wife and I have used Anker and Partners since 2000 and have bought and sold several houses through them. The whole process was thoroughly professional and we were kept informed at every stage. Our latest sale and purchase was not quite as straight forward as others as the chain broke at one stage, but the advice of Jeremy was invaluable. finally all was good and we are now happily rooted in our new home. All the team at Anker and Partners are extremely conscientious and ready to help with any queries. Many thanks to Jeremy, Marie and the rest of the team - well done."