- Large age restricted flat
- Thoughtfully converted Edwardian house
- Lovely far reaching views
- Spacious rooms and high ceilings
- Two double bedrooms
- Large living space
- Re-fitted kitchen and bathroom
- Unusually good storage
- Well presented neutral decor
- Allocated basement storage
AN IMPRESSIVE FIRST FLOOR TWO BEDROOMED AGE RESTRICTED APARTMENT WITH LOVELY VIEWS CLOSE TO SHOPPING, HOSPITAL, RAILWAY STATION AND DOCTORS SURGERY.
Banbury town centre 0.5 miles
Banbury railway station 0.75 miles (rear access)
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 2 miles
Horton Hospital 0.25 miles
Oxford 23 miles
Stratford upon Avon 19 miles
Leamington Spa 18 miles
Banbury to Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 17 mins
From Banbury Cross proceed in a Southerly direction toward Oxford (A4260). Having passed The Horton Hospital turn left at the traffic lights into Hightown Road and after approximately a ¼ of a mile Fircroft will be found on the right hand side. The subject property will be found in the period house on the left and can be recognised by our "For Sale" board.
BANBURY is conveniently located only two miles from Junction 11 of the M40, putting Oxford (23 miles), Birmingham (43 miles), London (78 miles) and of course the rest of the motorway network within easy reach. There are regular trains from Banbury to London Marylebone (55 mins) and Birmingham Snow Hill (55 mins). Birmingham International airport is 42 miles away for UK, European and New York flights. Some very attractive countryside surrounds and many places of historical interest are within easy reach.
31 FIRCROFT forms part of this popular age restricted development which includes a modern block and a smaller converted Edwardian house, in which the subject property is situated. Being on the first floor far reaching views are enjoyed across town and way beyond over miles of countryside. The spacious accommodation is approached via a lovely communal hall with beautiful swan neck bannisters. Internally features include high ceilings, smart neutral decor and carpets, re-fitted kitchen and bathroom. There is a large living room which enjoys the best of the outlooks and leads to the generously proportioned kitchen. There are two double bedrooms the main being of a particularly good size and there is a modern re-fitted shower room. There are high ceilings and replacement uPVC double glazed windows. Externally there is communal off road parking and a communal garden.
This well positioned block is conveniently located for the town centre, hospital, railway station, supermarkets and a nearby doctors surgery. It is a self-manged block of flats with a share of freehold where no rentals are permitted.
A floorplan has been drawn to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A spacious converted first floor flat in a lovely period house, originally constructed for the Senior Surgeon at Horton Hospital.
* An age restricted (55 years and over) block with a share of freehold where no rentals are permitted.
* Large communal hallway with stunning swan neck staircase and barley twist bannisters with security entry phone.
* Large private hall with feature arch, door to very large walk-in cupboard with hanging and shelving, separate airing cupboard.
* Large living room with window to rear and far reaching views over town and countryside beyond.
* Modern re-fitted kitchen with wood effect base and eye level shaker style units incorporating an electric cooker point, plumbing for washing machine, space for fridge freezer, space for tumble dryer, window to side, work surfaces and door to very deep useful built-in cupboard.
* Large main bedroom with window to front.
* Second double bedroom with window to front.
* Re-fitted shower room with a modern white suite comprising a fully tiled shower cubicle, semi recessed was hand basin and WC, window, heated towel rail.
* High ceilings and uPVC double ceiling.
* Communal gardens and parking.
All mains services are connected with the exception of gas.
There is an age restriction of 55 years and over.
The property is held on a 999 year lease which commenced in November 2006.
The freehold of the building is understood to be vested in The Residents Management Company with each flat owner being a nominal shareholder. There is a maintenance/service charge currently paid in the sum of £1,623 per annum.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band B.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
"I recently sold my house through Ankers and needed advice on whether to do it up or sell as was. Jeremy was absolutely brilliant from first phone call to the final completion. He organised a house clearance, skips, gardeners, painters, carpet fitters, and even got a window cleaner round to clean the window sills. The results were brilliant and super reasonable price wise. It sold within a week of being listed, and for far more than I would have expected. Ankers certainly know their stuff, and I would highly recommend them to anyone. Thank you again Jeremy and all the staff there."