- Detached house in one third of an acre
- Scope to improve and extend
- Desirable location close to town
- Walking distance of railway station
- Large garden and extensive parking
- Wood floors and character features
A DETACHED FOUR BEDROOMED HOUSE IN A THIRD OF AN ACRE WITH HUGE POTENTIAL TO IMPROVE AND EXTEND.
Banbury town centre 0.5 miles
Banbury railway station (rear access) 0.75 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 2.5 miles
Oxford 20 miles
Stratford upon Avon 21 miles
Leamington Spa 21 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 19 mins
From Banbury Cross proceed in a southerly direction via South Bar into the Oxford Road. Travel for approximately a ¼ of a mile and the property will be found on the left hand side before reaching the hospital and can be recognised by our "For Sale" board.
BANBURY is conveniently located only two miles from Junction 11 of the M40, putting Oxford (23 miles), Birmingham (43 miles), London (78 miles) and of course the rest of the motorway network within easy reach. There are regular trains from Banbury to London Marylebone (55 mins) and Birmingham Snow Hill (55 mins). Birmingham International airport is 42 miles away for UK, European and New York flights. Some very attractive countryside surrounds and many places of historical interest are within easy reach.
89 OXFORD ROAD is a detached brick built house which we believe dates back to the 1950's and it occupies a large plot extending to approximately a third of an acre. The house is reasonably well proportioned as it stands however it offers a great deal of potential for extension and improvement. It is located conveniently within walking distance of the town centre, railway station, hospital and supermarkets. Oxford Road is a prestigious address where there are some very attractive period properties.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A unique detached house in a prominent location.
* Occupying a level plot extending to in excess of one third of an acre.
* Scope to extend and improve if required.
* Attractive recessed porch with original tiled floor and stone detail to the surround opening to a generous hall with parquet wood block floor.
* Extensive ground floor accommodation complimented by parquet wood block flooring and bay windows.
* Two main reception rooms and an office/family room.
* Spacious kitchen/dining room with double aspect.
* Separate utility room and cloakroom.
* Four first floor bedrooms including three doubles.
* Bathroom with a white suite including bath and separate shower cubicle.
* uPVC double glazing and gas central heating via radiators.
* Large frontage with extensive off road parking/turning space, lawn and borders.
* Exceptionally large mainly lawned rear garden with terrace immediately behind the house, wild flowers and two sheds.
All mains services are connected. The wall mounted gas fired boiler is located in the utility room. There is an alarm system fitted for which a new contract will need to be set up.
Agent's note I
Please note that the garage with the door opening onto the driveway is not owned as part of 89 Oxford Road. We understand that it belongs to the neighbouring property which is owned by the NHS and had previously been leased to 89 Oxford Road which is why a door opens onto the driveway. The neighbouring property has no rights of way across to the driveway to gain access to it.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band F.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
Agent's note II
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
"Highly recommended. Good price, fantastic service - they regularly kept in contact with me to let me know how the sale of my property was going. Very professional service all round. Would definitely use again."