- Stone built detached house
- Overlooking a green
- Highly regarded village
- Four bedrooms
- Two bathrooms
- Private south and west facing garden
- Plenty of parking
AN ATTRACTIVE STONE BUILT DETACHED FAMILY HOUSE PLEASANTLY LOCATED OVERLOOKING A GREEN IN THIS HIGHLY REGARDED VILLAGE.
Banbury 5 miles
Shipston on Stour 8 miles
Oxford 28 miles
Stratford upon Avon 18 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone 55 mins by rail approx.
Banbury to Birmingham 50 mins by rail approx.
Banbury to Oxford 17 mins by rail approx.
From Banbury proceed in a westerly direction towards Shipston-on-Stour. On leaving Banbury and before reaching Broughton turn right where signposted to North Newington. Travel through North Newington and continue onto Shutford. Pass The George & Dragon public house on your left and continue until the last turning on the right and turn here into West Street. The Dairyground will be found on the left. Turn here and travel alongside the green taking the first left hand turn and the property will be seen immediately on the right hand corner.
SHUTFORD is a popular rural village just five miles West of Banbury. It comprises predominantly historic dwellings built almost entirely of local stone. Amenities in the village comprise an excellent public house/restaurant and a Church. There is a Post Office and shop in the nearby village of Sibford Ferris. Shutford and the surrounding area are exceptionally well served by both independent and local authority schools of first class performance and regard. There is the highly renowned Shenington Primary School within about a mile, one of the country's top inspection scoring schools in English, Mathematics and Science. The choice of other primary schools in the nearby villages of Wroxton, North Newington and Hornton may also be available. There is also the high performing independent Sibford School at Sibford Ferris and the well regarded co-educational Bloxham School both within a few miles. The M40 motorway can easily be reached either at junction 11 Banbury or at junction 12 Gaydon, both being approximately 6 miles distant.
A floorplan has been provided to show the room sizes and layout of the accommodation as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A spacious detached modern village house in a lovely position within the village overlooking The Dairyground green.
* Beautifully presented throughout, providing light and airy accommodation.
* Entrance porch, entrance hall with stairs rising to first floor.
* Cloakroom with wash basin having mixer tap, WC, chrome radiator.
* Oak flooring, down lighting.
* Spacious sitting room with marble open fireplace and double doors to conservatory, TV point.
* Separate dining room with double glazed patio doors to rear garden, large understairs cupboard.
* Double glazed conservatory with double doors to garden, ceramic tiled floor, electric panel heating.
* Kitchen/breakfast room excellently planned and fitted, double bowl sink unit with mixer tap, base units having granite working surfaces, cupboards and drawers, island unit with granite working surfaces, fitted double oven, fitted microwave, ceramic hob, cooker extractor hood, fitted dishwasher, space for fridge freezer, ceramic tiled splashbacks, ceramic tiled floor, door to garden.
* Study/family room fitted with extensive book shelving.
* Utility room having Belfast sink with mixer tap, base units having working surfaces, cupboards and drawers, eye level cabinets, fitted washing machine, space for tumble dryer, door to the front of the house and forecourt.
* Landing having window storage box.
* Large master bedroom having three eaves storage cupboards, trap to roof space which is boarded and has a light within, TV point.
* En-suite shower room having shower cubicle, wash basin with mixer tap, WC, shaver point, extractor, velux roof light.
* Three further bedrooms featuring built-in wardrobes and storage cupboard, bedroom four is currently used as a study and within this there is a fitted desk and shelving.
* Family bathroom with bath, bidet, shower cubicle, wash basin, Dimplex wall heater, shaver point, chrome radiator.
* The rear garden is particularly private and is south and west facing. It features lawn, flower and shrub borders, two patio areas, pathways and paving, fountain and outside security lighting. There is a useful store and an oil tank enclosure. Outside tap, external oil fired boiler for domestic hot water and central heating system. Security lighting. Gate in archway to side of the house.
* The front garden comprises a lawned area and pathway leading to the side of the house. There is a good sized forecourt providing off road car parking space for three motor vehicles.
Mains water, electricity and drainage are connected. Oil fired central heating is installed. External oil fired boiler in rear garden.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band E (band review pending).
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
"A very professional service from the team. You were very understanding of the difficulties because we live some distance away and offered a range of assistance. Your knowledge of the market was excellent and your website brought a high number of visits and enquiries. You sold the house and we could not have asked for a better service. Would recommend you very highly - very many thanks."