- An attractive detached modern stone house
- Ground floor cloakroom/shower room
- Sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room
- Conservatory/dining room
- First floor office
- Front & rear gardens
- Unspoilt village location
AN ATTRACTIVE DETACHED MODERN STONE HOUSE IN A PLEASANT NON-ESTATE WITHIN THIS UNSPOILT VILLAGE BETWEEN BANBURY AND CHIPPING NORTON.
Banbury 5 miles
Soho Farmhouse 2.5 miles
Chipping Norton 8 miles
Oxford 26 miles
Banbury to Oxford 17 mins by train
Banbury to London Marylebone 55 mins by train
From Banbury proceed in a southwesterly direction towards Chipping Norton (A361). Proceed through the village of Bloxham and continue for approximately 1½ miles until South Newington is reached. Upon entering the bends in the road you will see The Duck on the Pond public house on your right and a little further on the opposite side there is a driveway leading to Fenbury and to other dwellings. Having turned left into the shared driveway the driveway to Fenbury is the middle of the three private driveways.
SOUTH NEWINGTON is a small North Oxfordshire village lying approximately 5 miles south west of Banbury in which there is a public house, parish church, village hall and children's play area. The nearby village of BLOXHAM is highly sought after and well served with amenities including shops, delicatessen, public houses, parish church, independent and comprehensive secondary schools, primary school, post office, bus service, doctor's surgery and golf driving range.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout as detailed below. Some of the main features include:
* An individual detached stone village house which was constructed in the mid 1970's, extended and conservatory added in 2012/2013.
* Pleasant and private non-estate position in this unspoilt conservation village situated towards the edge of The Cotswolds and within easy reach of Soho Farmhouse.
* Canopy porch, spacious entrance hall with tiled floor, cloakroom/cupboard plus hanging space, wall mounted thermostat, tiled floor and matwell, stairs to first floor.
* Ground floor cloakroom/shower room with WC, wash basin, large shower cubicle, ceramic tiled splashbacks and floor, chrome radiator.
* Sitting room with stone fireplace, TV point.
* Kitchen/breakfast room excellently planned and fitted with shaker units. Sink unit with mixer tap, base units having working surfaces, cupboards and drawers, Rangemaster electric stove, fridge/freezer, fitted dishwasher, fitted washing machine, oil fired boiler within cupboard, island unit and space for a table, door to conservatory.
* Conservatory which is double glazed and has French doors to patio and rear garden, blinded ceilings, ceramic tiled floors.
* First floor landing with trap to roof space, built-in airing cupboard having hot water cylinder fitted with electric immersion heater. The loft area, accessed from bedroom one, is boarded and has a velux window in the roof.
* Three bedrooms all of which have an excellent range of built-in and fitted wardrobes.
* First floor study off bedroom one.
* Family bathroom having bath with mixer tap, shower unit above bath, WC, wash basin.
* Separate first floor cloakroom with WC and wash basin.
* The property is initially approached over a shared driveway which in turn leads to a private driveway leading through the front garden to a forecourt where there is plenty of off road parking/turning space. The front garden is laid to lawn and hedgerows provide privacy. There is a small sun terrace. Pathway to side of dwelling. Outside lighting.
* Private enclosed rear garden comprising a lawn, terrace and patio. Within the rear garden there are two Holly Trees, a Vine and an Olive Tree. Outside lighting. Outside tap. There is a gateway leading to a village footpath known as Tink-a-Tank which gives ease of access to Bakers Lane leading to the heart of the village.
* The garage has been split into two separate spaces providing a useful office in one part and a storage area in the other part.
* Space in front garden to build garaging.
Mains water, electricity and drainage are connected. Oil fired central heating. Oil fired boiler is located in a cupboard in the kitchen.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band E.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
"Many thanks for everything you have done for us over the last 14 years. You are all fantastic, doing such a great job for us."