- Five bed substantial family house
- Constructed 1950's with modern layout
- Large living kitchen/dining family room
- Practical accommodation on two floors
- Generous non-estate plot
- No onward chain
- Off road parking and garage
- Mature garden
- Easy walking distance of the town centre
A SUBSTANTIAL NON-ESTATE FAMILY HOUSE IN A PRIME LOCATION.
Banbury town centre 0.75 miles
Banbury railway station 1.75 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 3 miles
Oxford 21 miles
Stratford upon Avon 20 miles
Leamington Spa 19 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 17 mins
From Banbury Cross proceed in a southerly direction along South Bar and turn right at the traffic lights toward Bloxham and Chipping Norton (A361). Continue for approximately ¼ of a mile along the Bloxham Road and the property will be found on the right hand side after the Queensway junction and can be recognised by our "For Sale" board.
BANBURY is conveniently located only two miles from Junction 11 of the M40, putting Oxford (23 miles), Birmingham (43 miles), London (78 miles) and of course the rest of the motorway network within easy reach. There are regular trains from Banbury to London Marylebone (55 mins) and Birmingham Snow Hill (55 mins). Birmingham International airport is 42 miles away for UK, European and New York flights. Some very attractive countryside surrounds and many places of historical interest are within easy reach.
130 BLOXHAM ROAD is a brick built detached and extended family house originally constructed in the 1950's. It successfully combines the traditional feeling of solidity with a modern layout and contemporary fittings. There is spacious well balanced and flexible accommodation on two floors which creates a practical home. One of the main features is the large open plan living kitchen/dining and family or garden room which opens to a large deck at the back. There are two further reception rooms including a living room at the front and the other would make a large office if required or play room. On the first floor there are five bedrooms currently but if four larger ones are preferred we believe a relatively straight forward conversion would be possible. There is a large family bathroom including the free standing bath and separate shower cubicle, a further en-suite bathroom and a ground floor cloakroom.
Externally there is off road parking on the driveway for two cars leading to the garage with utility area at the back and personal door to the kitchen. There are generous mature gardens to front and rear.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A very well presented detached family house in a prime location.
* Located in a non-estate position within walking distance of the town centre and railway station.
* Extended practical accommodation on two floors.
* Traditional features and modern contemporary fittings.
* Superb open plan living kitchen/dining and family or garden room.
* Cream gloss kitchen fittings complimented by granite work surfaces and island with breakfast bar including built-in double oven, luxury gas hob with extractor over, wood flooring throughout, open plan living area with space for a sofa, dining and family/garden room area with ample space for table and chairs, doors to side and rear opening to a large raised deck.
* Large ground floor office/playroom.
* Utility area at the back of the garage.
* Five first floor bedrooms with scope to create four larger ones if preferred subject to building regulations approval where required.
* Large family bathroom with free standing bath, separate fully tiled shower cubicle, wash hand basin and WC, two heated towel rails, ceramic tiled floor and two windows.
* Master bedroom adjacent to a further bathroom fitted with a white suite comprising a panelled bath with shower unit over and fully tiled surround, semi recessed wash hand basin with cupboards under, WC, tiled floor, heated towel rail and window.
* Gas central heating via radiators and uPVC double glazing.
* Driveway providing off road parking leading to an integral garage with up and over door, power and light connected, door to side, personal door to the kitchen and utility area with sink, plumbing for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, pressurised tank and wall mounted Worcester gas fired boiler.
* Mature gardens to front and rear.
All mains services are connected. The wall mounted boiler is located in the garage.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band E (band review pending).
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
"We had a portfolio of 10 properties with another Agent who had, in our opinion, "mis-managed" for some time. Having consulted Margaret and been impressed with her professionalism, we decided to transfer them to Anker and Partners. We have not looked back and are so happy with the service we now receive. Thank you Margaret and your team."