- A five bed three bath semi detached non-estate house in a very convenient village
- A large 1930's semi in a generous plot offering space and character
A LARGE FIVE BEDROOM, THREE BATHROOM STONE SEMI DETACHED THREE STOREY HOUSE IN A GENEROUS NON-ESTATE PLOT IN A CONVENIENT AND WELL SERVED VILLAGE.
Porch, large hall, sitting room, dining room, kitchen, lobby, shower room/WC, four bedrooms (one en-suite), fifth bed/study, family bathroom, gas ch via rads, uPVC double glazing, high ceilings, large windows, fireplaces, two log burners, stripped pine doors, off road parking, detached double garage, large walled south facing rear garden, no onward chain. Energy rating D.
GUIDE PRICE £500,000 FREEHOLD
Banbury town centre 1.5 miles
Banbury railway station 1.75 miles (rear access)
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 3 miles
Oxford 20 miles
Stratford upon Avon 19 miles
Leamington Spa 20 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx 55 minutes
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx 50 minutes
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx 17 minutes
From Banbury proceed in a southerly direction toward Oxford (A4260). On the outskirts of the town bear left where signposted to Bodicote and at the roundabout turn right toward the village and at the next roundabout continue straight on into White Post Road. Having passed the village hall turn right into Wykham Lane and the property will be found after a very short distance on the left hand side and can be recognised by our "For Sale" board.
BODICOTE is a popular and thriving village lying approximately a mile and a half South of Banbury. It has a community feel with such groups as The Bodicote Cricket Club and Bodicote Players Amateur Dramatics Group. Within the village amenities include a Post Office/shop, two farm shops, two public houses, an Indian restaurant, Bishop Loveday Church of England Primary School, village hall, Banbury Rugby Club, Kingsfield sports and recreation area with children's playground, Bannatyne's Health and Leisure Club, and a bus service to and from the town centre.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A larger than average semi detached 1930's non-estate house. Occupying a generous plot with a beautiful walled south facing rear garden.
WHINHILL, 37 WYKHAM LANE is a stone and rendered semi detached house which we understand dates back to the 1930's. It is larger than average for a property of this type and includes five bedrooms (one of which can be used as a study), three bathrooms and two reception rooms. It is a very well presented property which retains many of its original features including picture rails, stripped pine doors, fireplaces, high ceilings and large windows. The property has been enhanced under the present ownership with smart neutral decor, installation of two wood burning stoves in the reception rooms, uPVC double glazing and the installation of an Edwardian style bathroom suite in the spacious family bathroom. The loft has also been converted providing a large double bedroom with en-suite shower room. Externally there is a generous plot with off road parking for several vehicles to the front as well as a detached double garage and a lovely well tended south facing walled garden to the rear.
* Within walking distance of the village primary school, pubs, restaurant, Post Office/shop and bus stops.
* Very well presented with smart neutral decor complimenting well proportioned accommodation on three floors.
* Many original features including picture rails stripped pine doors, exposed wood floors, high ceilings, large windows and fireplaces.
* Porch with ceramic tiled floor and large hall featuring exposed floorboards, original understairs panelling, original bannisters and hand rails, further shelved recess.
* Sitting room with bay window to rear, further window to side and fireplace fitted with a Clearview multi fuel burning stove, picture rails.
* Dining room with exposed painted wood floor, uPVC double glazed French windows opening to the rear garden, picture rails and fireplace with multi fuel burning stove.
* Kitchen with a range of base and eye level units in cream, gas cooker point in an arched alcove, plumbing for dishwasher, sink, window to front and arched access to a lobby/utility area with space for a fridge/freezer with built-in cupboard, stable door to the front and part glazed door to a shower room.
* Ground floor shower room/WC fitted with a white suite, wall mounted gas fired boiler, heated towel rail, plumbing for washing machine, ceramic tiled floor.
* Three first floor bedrooms and a further bedroom/study.
* Second floor double bedroom with en-suite shower room fitted with a white suite.
* Spacious first floor family bathroom fitted with an Edwardian style white suite comprising a panelled bath, separate fully tiled shower cubicle, wash hand basin and WC, two windows, ceramic tiled floor, period style radiator.
* Gas central heating via radiators, uPVC double glazed windows and intruder alarm.
* The wide plot includes a pleasant enclosed front garden as well as an off road parking area for four cars beyond which is a detached double garage with two up and over doors, power and light connected, personal door to the rear garden and storage in the roof space.
* A lovely well tended and well stocked south facing walled rear garden with lawns, well stocked beds and borders, fruit trees, patio and seating areas, Rose bed and a southerly aspect.
All mains services are connected. The wall mounted gas fired boiler is located in the ground floor shower room.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band D.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
"First class service from both rentals and sale departments. I always have a positive experience dealing with Ankers and have known the team for many years. They never put a foot wrong and consistently act with professionalism and utmost honesty. "