- A charming Grade II Listed stone and thatch cottage
- Picturesque located opposite the green and church
- Two reception rooms
- Utility room
- Two double bedrooms
- Small garden
A CHARMING GRADE II LISTED STONE AND THATCHED COTTAGE WITH SCOPE FOR UPDATING IN A PICTURESQUE LOCATION OPPOSITE THE GREEN AND CHURCH IN THIS VILLAGE WHICH IS WELL PLACED FOR BANBURY AND DAVENTRY.
Banbury 7 miles
Daventry 13 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 6 miles
M1 (Junction 15) 16 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail 55 minutes
Banbury to Oxford by rail 17 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail 50 mins
From Junction 11 of the M40 motorway take the A361 Daventry Road. Travel through the village of Wardington and continue until Chipping Warden is reached. Having entered the village take the first right hand turning signposted to Allens Orchard and then bear almost immediately left into Hogg End. Continue along this road and Old Post Office Cottage will be found on the left hand side opposite the red telephone box.
CHIPPING WARDEN lies approximately 7 miles north east of Banbury and 13 miles south west of Daventry. Within the village amenities include two public houses, butchers, parish church and primary school. There are hourly buses to Banbury, Daventry and Rugby. The village lies within the catchment area for Chenderit Secondary School at Middleton Cheney. Junction 11 of the M40 will be found approximately 6 miles away on the outskirts of Banbury and junctions for the M1 will be found either north or south of Daventry.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A spacious mid terraced period stone and thatched cottage which is Grade II Listed of architectural and historical interest.
* Constructed predominantly of stone probably about 300 years ago.
* Re-thatched in 2009.
* In a picturesque location overlooking the church yard and the green.
* The property has a wealth of period charm and character to include inglenook and old bake oven, exposed beams, window seats and original doors.
* Basically sound, dated and requiring some updating.
* Sitting room with inglenook and bake oven, window seat, understairs cupboard, TV point, door to stairway, meter cupboard, two built-in cupboards.
* Dining room with window seat and outlook towards the green and church.
* Kitchen with sink unit, base units having working surfaces, cupboards and drawers, eye level cabinets, oil fired boiler for domestic hot water and central heating, electric cooker.
* Utility room with plumbing for automatic washing machine, space for fridge freezer, door to rear garden.
* Ground floor cloakroom with WC.
* Two double bedrooms.
* The main bedroom is a particularly good size and has a built-in wardrobe and wash basin within.
* Bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, wash basin, WC, built-in airing cupboard.
* The property fronts the village street. To the rear there is a small yard and small lawned area. Outside tap. Outside light.
* Plenty of car parking space on the road outside the cottage.
Mains water, electricity and drainage are connected. We understand that gas is available in the street. Oil fired central heating. The oil fired boiler is located in the kitchen.
NB: There is a pedestrian right of way which benefits the property to the rear. This also allows oil delivery.
South Northants District Council. Council tax band D.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Joint Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
"Very impressed with the excellent service we received from Jeremy, Claire and the Ankers team who were all extremely friendly and helpful. From start to finish we were kept fully informed and any questions and queries were dealt with straight away. We would totally recommend using them."