- One bedroom
- Views of the canal
- Second floor retirement apartment in canalside development
- Well presented accommodation with modern fittings
- Town centre location
A RARE OPPORTUNITY TO ACQUIRE A VERY WELL PRESENTED FIRST FLOOR CANALSIDE ONE BEDROOMED RETIREMENT APARTMENT IN THIS DESIRABLE AND EXCEPTIONALLY CONVENIENT LOCATED BLOCK.
Hall, open plan living/dining room, kitchen, double bedroom, modern bathroom, newly carpeted and re-decorated, communal hall, lift/stairway, residents lounge, laundry, south facing gardens and parking, House Manager.
Banbury town centre 0.2 miles
Banbury railway station 0.5 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 1 mile
Oxford 22 miles
Stratford upon Avon 20 miles
Leamington Spa 19 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 19 mins
From Banbury Cross proceed via Horsefair and into North Bar. Turn left at the traffic lights into Castle Street and bear left at the mini roundabout and right at the next mini roundabout into Spiceball Park Road. Chamberlaine Court will be found after a short distance on the right. Number 31 is a first floor apartment approached via stairs or lift.
BANBURY is conveniently located only two miles from Junction 11 of the M40, putting Oxford (23 miles), Birmingham (43 miles), London (78 miles) and of course the rest of the motorway network within easy reach. There are regular trains from Banbury to London Marylebone (55 mins) and Birmingham Snow Hill (55 mins). Birmingham International airport is 42 miles away for UK, European and New York flights. Some very attractive countryside surrounds and many places of historical interest are within easy reach.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A well presented first floor retirement apartment overlooking the canal.
* Very convenient location only yards from the Castle Quay shopping centre via a foot bridge immediately behind the communal garden.
* Re-decorated and fitted with new carpets and curtains.
* Kitchen with a range of base and eye level units incorporating a built-in hob and electric oven, free standing fridge freezer (included in the sale), ceramic wall tiling, wood effect linoleum flooring.
* Well proportioned living/dining room with bay window having lovely Southerly aspect over the communal gardens and canal.
* Spacious double bedroom with built-in wardrobe and large window to front.
* Bathroom fitted with a suite comprising a corner shower cubicle with seat, WC and wash hand basin. Shaver point, chrome heated towel rail, tiling throughout, built-in storage cupboard.
* Secure gated access to the block paved pathway and towpath leading via a small bridge to the shopping centre.
* Excellent range of communal facilities including reception hall, lift and staircase, residents lounge, opening to the well tended south facing garden and gated access to the canalside, adjacent kitchenette, separate laundry, House Manager.
* Guest suite available by reservation.
* Centralised emergency system via pull cords in the apartment.
* Communal off street parking.
* All mains services are connected with the exception of gas.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band B.
120 year lease which commenced on 24 June 1993.
Service charge - £2,058 per annum.
Ground rent - £456 per annum.
This development is restricted to at least one occupant being 55 years or over.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
"We used Anker & Partners to sell our property in Kings Sutton. They gave a very professional and personal service. Always friendly and helpful, no matter how many times we contacted them. A great team, thank you very much."