Masons Arms Cottages, Swerford
Guide price £300,000
BEAUTIFULLY PRESENTED GRADE II LISTED END TERRACE COTTAGE BETWEEN BANBURY AND CHIPPING NORTON.
Hall, re-fitted shower room, sitting room with inglenook and log burner, charming kitchen/dining room with vaulted ceiling, master bedroom with luxury en-suite bathroom, second double bedroom, oil ch via rads, off road parking for three/four vehicles.
GUIDE PRICE £300,000 FREEHOLD
Banbury 8 miles
Chipping Norton 9 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 10 miles
Banbury railway station 8.5 miles
Charlbury railway station
Oxford 21 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx 17 mins
From Banbury proceed in a southwesterly direction toward Chipping Norton (A361). Travel through the villages of Bloxham and South Newington and the property will be found on the right hand side approximately 8 miles from Banbury and can be recognised by our "For Sale" board.
Swerford is a highly sought after North Oxfordshire village. The market towns of Chipping Norton & Banbury offer convenient shopping facilities whilst there are shops and other amenities in the nearer villages of Hook Norton and Bloxham. Swerford has a farm shop, church and village hall with nearby local pubs including The Masons Arms on the edge of the village & The Falkland Arms at Great Tew. Other local attractions include golf at Heythrop Park, Soho Farmhouse, theatre in Chipping Norton, cricket at Great Tew and there are numerous surrounding footpaths to explore. The location has excellent transport links with road access to the M40 and trains to Oxford and London Marylebone from Banbury and London Paddington from Charlbury.
2 MASONS ARMS COTTAGES is believed to have been part of a former Inn and it is likely that the kitchen/dining room with its' beautiful vaulted ceiling was the cellar for the beer barrels. It is one of three cottages that have been created from a relatively recent conversion and it is beautifully presented throughout. The accommodation which is arranged over four floors has a great deal of character combined with contemporary fittings. On the ground floor there is a hall and recently re-fitted shower room as well as the sitting room featuring a stone tiled floor, window with seat under and a lovely inglenook fireplace with fitted cast iron log burning stove. In the basement the aforementioned kitchen/dining room has a beautiful vaulted ceiling and a range of modern units. There are two double bedrooms arranged over the upper floors, one of which has a luxury en-suite bathroom. Externally there is a pretty cottage garden which is larger than average at the foot of which there is off road parking space for three/four vehicles.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the floorplan and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A charming stone built end terrace Grade II Listed cottage.
* Conveniently located between Banbury and Chipping Norton.
* Hall with stone tiled floor, cupboard housing wall mounted oil fired boiler, further built-in cupboards, coats hanging rail.
* Recently re-fitted shower room with a white suite comprising fully tiled shower cubicle, wash hand basin and WC, stone tiling and window.
* Sitting room with a delightful inglenook fireplace fitted with a log burner, stone tiled floor, window to front with seat under, stairs to first floor and stairs to the basement.
* Recently re-fitted kitchen/dining room in the basement with a beautiful painted brick vaulted ceiling, a range of cream units incorporating a built-in double oven, induction hob, space for fridge/freezer, plumbing for washing machine, solid wooden work surfaces, sink, fitted shelving, space for table and chairs with corner bench seats, wall mounted electric Rowinte Eco programmable heater, retro effect ceramic wall tiling.
* First floor master bedroom with window to front, exposed floorboards, beam, ledged door with wrought iron latch to the en-suite.
* En-suite bathroom fitted with a luxury white suite with recently upgraded taps comprising shower bath and fully tiled surround, long trough style wash hand basin with cupboards under, WC, radiator and heated towel rail, large built-in cupboard/wardrobe, fully tiled walls and floor, window.
* Second floor double bedroom with window to front, beams, exposed wood floor, exposed stonework detail around the window.
* Oil fired central heating via feature retro style radiators, sash windows.
* Pretty cottage garden of a good size including a large seating area with ample space for table and chairs, barbeque and entertaining beyond which there is a lawn and a large shed with power and light connected as well as a door opening to the off road parking area where there is space for three/four vehicles.
Mains electricity is connected. There is oil fired central heating via radiators and the wall mounted boiler is located in a cupboard in the hall. Drainage is by way of sewerage treatment plant.
West Oxfordshire District Council. Council tax band C.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.