- A delightful stone barn conversion combining modern features with period charm
- Pleasant location in a picturesque and highly sought after village
- Lovely and far reaching views over adjoining meadow and countryside
- Attractive beautifully landscaped good sized gardens
- Two covered parking spaces
- Useful stone outbuilding
A DELIGHTFUL STONE BARN CONVERSION COMBINING MODERN FEATURES WITH PERIOD CHARM, PLEASANTLY LOCATED IN THIS PICTURESQUE AND HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER VILLAGE.
Porch, entrance hall, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, day room/dining room, conservatory, two double bedrooms, two bathrooms, double glazing, central heating, attractive beautifully landscaped good sized gardens, lovely and far reaching views over adjoining meadow and countryside, two covered parking spaces, useful stone outbuilding.
Banbury 6 miles
Stratford upon Avon 15 miles
Oxford 27 miles
M40 motorway (J11) 5 miles
M40 motorway (J12) 6 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 19 mins
From Banbury take the main Stratford road (A422). Travel through the villages of Drayton and Wroxton and continue beyond Wroxton for approximately 1½ miles until the left hand sign for Balscote is reached. Turn left and proceed into the village passing the green on your left and continuing up the hill until the T-junction at The Butchers Arms public house is reached. Turn left here towards Shutford and then take the first left hand turning into The Hedges. The property will then be found a short distance along on the left where a "For Sale" board has been erected for ease of identification.
BALSCOTE is a delightful village with a pretty village green. It is made up principally of period cottages and houses and has a pub, a fine Norman church and a village hall. All shopping requirements are well catered for in the easily accessible towns of Banbury and Stratford. Primary schooling of high repute is available in the nearby villages of Shenington, North Newington and Hornton. Secondary school pupils attend Bloxham Warriner and a school bus service operates.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* Converted approximately 19 years ago, The Old Byre is a delightful single level barn conversion built of stone under a slate roof.
* The rooms are well proportioned and throughout there are exposed roof and wall timbers.
* Pretty canopy porch and doorway leads to an entrance hall with a flagstone floor, two spacious storage cupboards with lights within.
* A very pleasant sitting room with a pine floor, feature brick fireplace with Portland stone surround and hearth, exposed beams, three wall lights, TV point, telephone point, attractive outlooks to the front garden and countryside beyond.
* The kitchen/breakfast room is spacious and has space for a large dining table. Well planned and fitted and featuring a one and a half bowl sink unit with mixer tap, pine cupboards and drawers with working surfaces, eye level cabinets, plumbing for washing machine, fitted dishwasher, space for fridge freezer, double oven, electric ceramic hob (two halogen and two radiant) and extractor all within an attractive farmhouse style alcove, pretty ceramic tiling to walls, ceramic tiled floor.
* Day room/separate dining room with pine floor, double glazed screen between the conservatory and patio, telephone point, TV point.
* A most attractive hardwood conservatory with ceramic tiled floor, glass ceilings with opening vents, double French doors to the patio and garden.
* Two double bedrooms, one bedroom having an en-suite shower room.
* Spacious shower room having a shower cubicle, WC and vanity wash basin, ceramic tiled splashbacks, ceramic tiled wall, extractor, shaver point.
* In the larger bedroom there are two built-in double wardrobes and a storage cupboard above, French doors to garden, two wall light points.
* The property is approached from the road over a pavioured parking area in front of the open bay garaging. A gateway and path then leads to the front door. The front garden adjoins farmland over which there are some very attractive views. There are pathways, herbaceous well stocked borders and a vegetable plot.
* The main area of garden lies to the rear of the property and this is a good size measuring approximately 70' in length x 50' in width. This is beautifully landscaped and comprises a lawn, patio, gravelled pathways, pond, well stocked herbaceous borders. There are trees to include Silver Birch and Rowan. At the foot of the garden there is a shed and an archway in the fence, which leads to a private pathway that runs to the rear of the neighbouring property leading to a gate giving the advantage of pedestrian access to the rear. Outside tap. Outside lighting.
* There is a useful stone outbuilding in the front garden which lies to the rear of the garaging and this has light and power within.
* There is a pavioured car parking area with space for at least two cars in front of an open fronted cart shed where again there is space for two motor vehicles.
Mains water, electricity and drainage connected. Oil fired boiler is situated in the kitchen.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band E (band review pending).
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
"Thank you so much for all the efforts made on our behalf in the sale of Lower Barn, Shotteswell. We appreciate very much the work you put in to get things moving. We were extremely satisfied with every part of our sale and once again Anker & Partners have given us a first class service. The purchase of Lower Barn was through your firm and you have justified our coming back to you for our sale. Many thanks to you and all the team. "