Bourne Lane, Hook Norton
Guide price £500,000
A DETACHED FOUR BEDROOMED HOUSE OCCUPYING A LARGE NON-ESTATE PLOT IN THIS HIGHLY DESIRABLE WELL SERVED VILLAGE.
Porch, hall, cloakroom, sitting room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility, four bedrooms, bathroom, garage and workshop, oil ch, extensive off road parking, large gardens. Energy rating E.
GUIDE PRICE £500,000 FREEHOLD
Banbury 8 miles
Chipping Norton 5 miles
M40 (junction 11) 10 miles
Oxford 22 miles
Stow on the Wold 15 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 19 mins
From Banbury proceed in a southwesterly direction toward Chipping Norton (A361). Travel through the village of Bloxham and immediately after leaving the village turn right where signposted to Milcombe and Hook Norton. Follow the road through Milcombe and onto Hook Norton. Travel into the village and having passed the dentists on the left hand side turn right where the road bends around to the left and follow the road around to the right continuing into Bourne Lane. The property will be found after a short distance on the right hand side set back from the road.
HOOK NORTON is an attractive and thriving village which is particularly popular. There are a range of amenities to include a general store, post office, primary school, a church, veterinary surgery, doctors surgery, dentist, library and three public houses. Some lovely countryside surrounds and there are two golf courses at Rye Hill and Tadmarton Heath both about ten minutes drive. Communications are excellent with the M40 motorway within 10 miles and trains to London from either Banbury (approximately 55 minutes) to Marylebone, or Kingham Station (approximately 80 minutes) to Paddington.
MATHASER is a brick built detached house constructed circa 1970. It occupies a large plot which forms part of a former orchard. The house is set well back from the road meaning that there is extensive off road parking and a large frontage. There is also a large rear garden making this an ideal family home. It is located within walking distance of the primary school and other facilities within the village which are listed above. The accommodation is very well proportioned and well presented. We believe that some prospective purchasers will wish to carry out some updating.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A well presented detached house in a large plot.
* Occupying a non-estate position in a desirable and highly sought after village.
* An ideal family house within walking distance of the primary school and accessible to secondary schools at Bloxham and Chipping Norton.
* Large porch and hall.
* Ground floor cloakroom.
* Sitting room with large window to front overlooking the garden, stone fireplace with fitted coal effect fire (we understand that this can be easily altered and used as an open fire).
* Spacious dining room with uPVC double glazed patio doors to the terrace and rear garden.
* Kitchen/breakfast room with a range of base and eye level units, built-in oven, hob and extractor, space for fridge/freezer, laminate wood effect floor, space for table and chairs and door to the utility.
* Very large utility with plumbing and space for all appliances, sink, oil fired boiler, doors to rear garden and porch to the front which in turn has a personal door to the garage/workshop.
* Three double bedrooms and one single with built-in wardrobe.
* Modern bathroom fitted with a white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, wash hand basin and WC, window.
* Extensive off road parking forming part of a large landscaped frontage with a sandstone paved area, raised bed with stone retaining wall and garage/workshop with power and light connected, personal door to the porch.
* Gated side access leads to large rear garden where there is a sandstone patio, large lawn, various fruit trees including Apple and Pear, greenhouse.
All mains services are connected with the exception of gas.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band E.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.