Stanbridge House, Banbury
A VERY WELL PRESENTED AND EXCEPTIONALLY SPACIOUS SECOND FLOOR TWO BEDROOMED APARTMENT IN THIS RETIREMENT DEVELOPMENT FOR THE OVER 55's WHERE PROPERTIES RARELY BECOME AVAILABLE TO BUY.
Hall, large sitting room, modern kitchen with built-in appliances, two double bedrooms, large wet room, gas underfloor heating, double glazing, an exceptional range of communal facilities including a large public restaurant, lovely communal southwest facing gardens, hair salon and full time Court Manager.
£169,950 FOR A 75% SHARE
Banbury town centre 1 mile
Banbury railway station 1.5 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 2.5 miles
Oxford 21 miles
Stratford upon Avon 20 miles
Leamington Spa 19 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 19 mins
From Banbury Cross proceed in a southerly direction via South Bar to the traffic lights. Turn right where signposted to Chipping Norton into the Bloxham Road (A361). Take the third turning on the left into Springfield Avenue and then first right into Ruskin Road. Stanbridge House will be found almost immediately on the left hand side where car parking and the main entrance can be found at the rear.
BANBURY is conveniently located only two miles from Junction 11 of the M40, putting Oxford (23 miles), Birmingham (43 miles), London (78 miles) and of course the rest of the motorway network within easy reach. There are regular trains from Banbury to London Marylebone (55 mins) and Birmingham Snow Hill (55 mins). Birmingham International airport is 42 miles away for UK, European and New York flights. Some very attractive countryside surrounds and many places of historical interest are within easy reach.
STANBRIDGE HOUSE is a relatively new superb retirement development located within walking distance of the town centre. It offers a high level of security and a wide range of communal facilities together with care and support services if required. Only ten of the apartments are privately owned and therefore this represents a rare opportunity as the remainder are rented. Please note that although we are offering a 75% share of the property there is no rent payable on the remaining 25%. The spacious two bedroomed second floor apartment is very well presented and enjoys a good position with an outlook to the front. There are lovely landscaped gardens to the rear with a southwesterly aspect featuring a beautiful mature oak tree as the centre piece. The apartment is well equipped with gas underfloor heating, a well fitted modern kitchen with built-in appliances and a spacious living room as well as two double bedrooms and a large wet room.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the room sizes and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A rare opportunity to buy one of these large two bedroomed retirement apartments within walking distance of the town and the hospital.
* An exceptional range of communal facilities and landscaped southwest facing gardens to the rear.
* Large hall with built-in cupboard.
* Spacious living room with large window to front and open access to the kitchen.
* Kitchen fitted with a modern range of base and eye level shaker style cream units incorporating a built-in oven, hob and extractor, fridge and freezer, plumbing for dishwasher or washing machine, window to side.
* Two double bedrooms of similar size.
* Large well fitted wet room with a suite comprising a fully tiled shower cubicle, a fully tiled shower area, wash hand basin and WC, half tiled walls, heated towel rail.
* Gas underfloor heating and double glazing.
* Exceptional range of communal facilities including lift, very large communal residents lounge and kitchenette, laundry, guest suite, large public restaurant (open Mon-Fri 9am - 4pm and Sunday 10am - 4pm), ICT room, further lounge, hair salon, mobility scooter store and charging area (if required), southwest facing landscaped gardens featuring a beautiful mature oak tree.
* A wide range of social activities are available to enjoy including gardening club.
* Emergency call facility via pull cord and pendant.
The property is held on a 125 year lease which commenced in 2012.
There is a monthly service charge of £347.13 which includes gas and water usage, maintenance of communal areas, Court Manager costs and buildings insurance. There is an additional "piece of mind" charge of £58.64 per month which covers extra care for the provision of night staff 10pm - 7am 365 days per annum, emergency assistance from outside staff 24 hours a day and emergency personal care and assistance in communal areas and during activities.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band C.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.