- A detached non-estate bungalow requiring modernisation
- Spacious well balanced accommodation
- A larger then average plot
A DETACHED NON-ESTATE BUNGALOW REQUIRING MODERNISATION IN A LARGER THAN AVERAGE PLOT.
Porch, large hall, living room, kitchen, conservatory, two double bedrooms, bathroom, gas ch via rads, predominantly uPVC double glazing, extensive off road parking, garage, generous plot to front, side and rear.
GUIDE PRICE £300,000 FREEHOLD
Banbury town centre 1 mile
Banbury railway station 1.2 miles (rear access)
Horton Hospital 0.75 miles
Oxford 20 miles
Chipping Norton 14 miles
Stratford upon Avon 21 miles
Leamington Spa 20 miles
Banbury to Oxford by rail 19 mins
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail 50 mins
From Banbury town centre proceed in a southerly direction toward Oxford (A4260). After the flyover turn left immediately left after the petrol station and the property will be found as the first on the left in the service road and can be recognised by our "For Sale" board.
BODICOTE is a popular and thriving village lying approximately a mile and a half South of Banbury. It has a community feel with such groups as The Bodicote Cricket Club and Bodicote Players Amateur Dramatics Group. Within the village amenities include a Post Office/shop, two farm shops, two public houses, an Indian restaurant, Bishop Loveday Church of England Primary School, village hall, Banbury Rugby Club, Kingsfield sports and recreation area with children's playground, Bannatyne's Health and Leisure Club, and a bus service to and from the two centre.
MONTROSE, 1 OXFORD ROAD, BODICOTE is a brick built bungalow believed to date back to the 1960's. It occupies a larger than average plot and is approached via a service road. The well balanced accommodation includes spacious rooms and we believe that most prospective purchasers will wish to modernise the fittings. It has gas central heating via radiators and predominantly uPVC double glazing. Externally there is extensive off road parking to the front, a single garage and gardens to front, side and rear.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A detached non-estate bungalow in need of updating.
* Porch leading to a large entrance hall.
* Spacious living room with bay window to front and tiled fireplace which we understand can be used as an open grate if required, French doors to the conservatory at the side.
* Kitchen with base and eye level units, free standing gas fired boiler, plumbing for washing machine, electric cooker point, space for fridge, window to rear and part glazed door to side.
* Two double bedrooms the larger of which has a window to the rear and smaller has a window to the front and fitted wardrobe.
* Bathroom fitted with a white suite comprising panelled bath with shower unit over and fully tiled surround, wash hand basin and WC, radiator, half tiled walls, hatch to loft.
* Gas central heating via radiators, predominantly uPVC double glazing and cavity wall insulation.
* Generous plot extending to front, side and rear.
* Extensive off road parking and single garage.
* We believe there may be some development potential for a separate dwelling therefore an overage clause will be included in the sale contract, subject to planning permission.
All mains services are connected. The free standing gas fired boiler is located in the kitchen.
Agent's note I
As mentioned above there may be some development potential we believe for the erection of a separate dwelling within the curtilage of the plot subject to planning permission and building regulations where applicable. The area at the side approached via a five bar gate has previously been used for access to the land at the rear which we believe no longer exists as the land behind is no longer agricultural.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
Agent's note II
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
"Anker and Partners were selling the property that my parents purchased. It is a shame that my parents didn’t use Anker and Partners as well to sell their property as their sale was delayed time and time again with what appeared to be very little help from the Estate Agent they did use. Marie Skinner at Ankers worked tirelessly chasing and keeping everyone updated. I believe without her help that this could have gone even longer than it did. She was the ultimate professional and very efficient with good communication. If I were to need to use an Estate Agent again in the future I would go straight to Anker and Partners."