- A handsome detached 1930's house standing in a prominent plot of over a third of an acre
- Requiring modernisation
- Huge potential for extension subject to planning permission
- Energy rating D
A HANDSOME DETACHED 1930's HOUSE REQUIRING MODERNISATION IN A PROMINENT PLOT EXTENDING TO OVER A THIRD OF ACRE.
Large hall, sitting room, dining room, conservatory, kitchen/breakfast room, cloakroom, four bedrooms, two bathrooms, uPVC double glazing, gas ch via rads, tandem garage/workshop and utility, further integral garage, large gardens surrounding. Energy rating D.
GUIDE PRICE £650,000 FREEHOLD
Banbury town centre 1.5 miles
Banbury railway station 2 miles
Oxford 20 miles
Chipping Norton 14 miles
Stratford upon Avon 21 miles
Leamington Spa 20 miles
Banbury to Oxford by rail 19 mins
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail 50 mins
From Banbury proceed in a southerly direction toward Oxford (A4260). Travel into Bodicote continuing along the Oxford Road and the property will be found on the right hand side after the turning for Broad Gap where our "For Sale" sign can be seen.
BODICOTE is a popular and thriving village lying approximately a mile and a half South of Banbury. It has a community feel with such groups as The Bodicote Cricket Club and Bodicote Players Amateur Dramatics Group. Within the village amenities include a Post Office/shop, two farm shops, two public houses, an Indian restaurant, Bishop Loveday Church of England Primary School, village hall, Banbury Rugby Club, Kingsfield sports and recreation area with children's playground, Bannatyne's Health and Leisure Club, and a bus service to and from the two centre.
68 OXFORD ROAD, BODICOTE represents a rare opportunity to acquire a substantial 1930's detached four bedroomed house occupying a lovely plot extending to in excess of a third of an acre. The house has a number of its original period features which compliment the large well lit rooms. Although well maintained, we believe that most prospective purchasers will wish to modernise the property and there is ample scope for extension subject to planning permission and building regulations approval where required.
The house stands centrally in lovely gardens which extend to 0.38 acres approximately. There is extensive off road parking and a tandem garage/workshop and utility with garden store. There is also an additional single garage.
* A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A handsome detached house dating back to 1937.
* Occupying a prominent plot extending to in excess of a third of an acre.
* Large entrance hall with door to built-in cupboard.
* Sitting room with picture rails and uPVC double glazed French doors to the garden.
* Dining room with bay window to front and picture rails.
* Conservatory with uPVC double glazed windows and doors to the rear garden, power and light connected.
* Spacious kitchen/breakfast room with window to rear overlooking the garden and door to the large pantry.
* Covered porch and ground floor cloakroom.
* Beautiful well lit and spacious landing with hatch to large loft with fitted ladder and light connected.
* Very large main bedroom with bay window to front and further window to side.
* Three further bedrooms, one with en-suite shower room.
* Bathroom with a champagne coloured suite.
* Gas central heating via radiators and uPVC double glazing.
* Tandem garage/workshop and utility attached with power and light connected, Belfast sink, garden store, door to the rear garden. Additional single integral garage with double doors, power and light connected, wall mounted gas fired boiler.
* Large level plot with extensive off road parking to front, lawns, beds and borders extending to approximately 0.38 acres in all.
All mains services are connected. The wall mounted gas fired boiler is located in the integral garage.
Agent's note I
We believe that there may be development potential on this plot in the future however, there is no such current planning permission in place. An overage clause will be included in the contract to protect our client's interests in the future.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band G.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
Agent's note II
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
"Anker were the agent for our onward purchase. Notwithstanding that we were not their clients, they kept us informed throughout the process. We had a very long chain beneath us and only Anker kept abreast of the status of each transaction in the chain and were able to inform us accurately about our position. They are extremely professional, courteous and helpful. I cannot recommend the Banbury Office highly enough and will certainly use them in the future. Excellent service!"