- A handsome detached double fronted property
- Five bedroom Edwardian house
- Large plot extending to in excess of 1/4 of an acre
- Original period features
A HANDSOME DETACHED DOUBLE FRONTED FIVE BEDROOM EDWARDIAN HOUSE STANDING IN A LARGE PLOT EXTENDING TO IN EXCESS OF 1/4 ACRE.
Porch, hall, sitting room, dining room, kitchen, rear lobby, utility room, four double bedrooms, fifth bed/study, bathroom, separate shower room, original
period features, large driveway, garage, very large mature rear garden.
Banbury 0.5 miles
Banbury railway station 1 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 2.5 miles
Oxford 20 miles
Stratford Upon Avon 20 miles
Leamington Spa 19 miles
Banbury to Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 19 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
From Banbury Cross proceed in an easterly direction along South Bar to the traffic lights. Turn right into Bloxham Road where signposted to Chipping Norton (A361), On the crest of the hill the property will be found on the right hand side and can be recognised by our "For Sale" board.
BANBURY is conveniently located only two miles from Junction 11 of the M40, putting Oxford (23 miles), Birmingham (43 miles), London (78 miles) and of course the rest of the motorway network within easy reach. There are regular trains from Banbury to London Marylebone (55 mins) and Birmingham Snow Hill (55 mins). Birmingham International airport is 42 miles away for UK, European and New York flights. Some very attractive countryside surrounds and many places of historical interest are within easy reach.
44 Bloxham Road is an impressive detached double fronted Edwardian house with extensive and well balanced accommodation on two floors. It stands in a generous plot extending to approximately 0.28 acres with a frontage providing extensive off road parking space and a large mature garden to the rear. The spacious accommodation is complemented by some original period features including stain glass windows, picture rails and fireplaces. The property stands on relatively high ground and has pleasant views across town and beyond to the rear. The property is located within easy walking distance of the town centre and is also within walking distance of the Horton Hospital and the railway station and supermarkets. There are primary and secondary school also within easy walking distance.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features include:
* Detached family home standing in excess of ¼ acre.
* There is an impressive entrance porch opening to a large hall.
* Sitting room with large bay window to front, french windows to the family room, picture rails and open grate fireplace with an original surround.
* Large separate dining room with bay window to front, fireplace with original surround.
* Large family room with large bay window to rear and further window to rear overlooking the garden.
* Kitchen with a range base and eye level units, gas cooker point, space for fridge/freezer, plumbing for dishwasher, ceramic tiled floor, rear lobby and ground floor WC.
* Rear hall and utility room with base and eye level units, plumbing for washing machine, sink, work surfaces, Quarry tiled floor.
* Landing with hatch to large loft space with fitted ladder, light and boarding which we believe provides potential for conversion subject to building regulation approval.
* Four double bedrooms with picture rails.
* Fifth bedroom/study.
* Family bathroom fitted with a white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, semi recessed wash hand basin, WC, ceramic tiled floor, half tiled walls, window.
* Separate shower room fitted with a fully tiled double shower cubicle, wash hand basin, WC, ceramic tiled floor, half tiled walls.
* We believe that most prospective purchasers will want to carry out some re-decoration and updating. There is scope to extend to the rear subject to planning permissions and building regulation approval.
* To the front of the property there is a large driveway providing off road parking space for several vehicles, flower and shrub borders, path to front door and access via a side gate to the rear garden. There is a detached single garage with wooden doors.
* Large mature garden to the rear with a large paved patio, lawns, mature trees, raised beds, large vegetable and soft fruit plots, greenhouse and fruit trees.
All mains services are connected. The wall mounted gas fired boiler is located in the cupboard in the family room.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band F.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey and Valuation Works
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
"Excellent, professional service offered by Jeremy, Simon and the rest of the team. We've bought and sold property through Anker and have been very impressed with their services. Even after completion, the team were more than happy to help with any questions or issues that we had. We'd highly recommend them and wouldn't hesitate to use them again in future. "