- A charming period cottage
- Located within this highly regarded village
- Two double bedrooms
- Two outbuildings
- Off road parking
- Private rear gardens
A CHARMING PERIOD COTTAGE PLEASANTLY LOCATED WITHIN THIS HIGHLY REGARDED VILLAGE WITH OFF ROAD CAR PARKING AND A LOVELY PRIVATE REAR GARDEN.
Hallway, kitchen/breakfast room, sitting room, two double bedrooms, family bathroom, uPVC double glazing, solid fuel heating via radiator, private mature rear garden.
Banbury 6 miles
Southam 9 miles
Leamington Spa & Warwick 14 miles
Oxford 28 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 17 mins
From Banbury take the B4100 Warwick Road. Having left the town proceed past the turning for Hanwell and also past the first turning into Shotteswell (signposted "second turn"). Travel a short distance onward until the sign saying "first" and turn right. Enter the village bearing left at the green onto Back Hill and follow the road as it winds through the village where the property will be found on the right hand side on the corner of Bakehouse Lane. A "For Sale" board has been erected for ease of identification.
SHOTTESWELL is a picturesque and charming little village which is conveniently located approximately 4 miles north of Banbury and approximately 14 miles south of Leamington Spa and Warwick. The village is predominantly made up of period properties and there is a village church. Primary schooling is available in the nearby village of Fenny Compton and secondary school children can attend Kineton School.
1 MOLLINGTON LANE is a beautifully presented charming characterful cottage which is pleasantly located within this highly regarded village. We have prepared a floorplan to show the room sizes and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features include:
* Spacious kitchen/breakfast room which is well fitted with a range of modern eye level cabinets and base units and drawers with work surfaces over housing a one and a half bowl sink and draining board and a four ring electric hob with an extractor hood over and an oven beneath. There is an integrated dishwasher, space and plumbing for a washing machine, space for fridge freezer and table and chairs.
* The hallway is located in the centre of the property with the stairs rising to the first floor, an attractive quarry tiled floor and a useful study area at the rear.
* The sitting room has a pleasant dual aspect with double doors that open onto the rear garden. There is a fireplace which houses a solid fuel burning stove which heats the hot water and central heating system.
* The first floor landing has a hatch to the loft space and doors leading onto all first floor accommodation.
* The master bedroom is a good sized double and benefits from a large built-in wardrobe.
* Bedroom two is a good sized double with a window to the front and rear.
* The bathroom has been re-fitted in recent years with a smart white suite comprising a panelled bath with shower over, WC, wash hand basin, heated towel rail.
* Outside the property to the side there is a gravelled driveway which provides off road parking for 2-3 vehicles. There is a courtyard area which adjoins the house which has two useful small outbuildings. The main area of garden is predominantly laid to lawn and extends to approximately 100' in length. There are various well stocked flower and plant borders, a further brick built outbuilding (9'9 x 5'9) and a large wooden shed (14'3 x 9'6).
All mains services are connected with the exception of gas.
Stratford upon Avon District Council.
Council Tax Band - D
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
"I sold my village cottage property through Anker and Partners and would like to express my gratitude to all members of staff who were efficient, professional and communicated with me during the process. The manner in which they conducted their business was exemplary and I have already recommended them to my friends and colleagues. Given the time they spent in generating specific advertising for my property and procuring the sale and documentation, I felt their fees were very reasonable. I would not hesitate to recommend them or indeed employ their services in the future. "