Avon Carrow, Avon Dassett
Guide price £355,000
- Set in a beautiful village
- Three bedrooms
- Accommodation over two floors
- Open stone fireplace
- Communal gardens extending over 5 acres
- Single garage
A MOST ATTRACTIVE GRADE II LISTED COURTYARD RESIDENCE IN A BEAUTIFUL SETTING ON THE SOUTH WARWICKSHIRE/NORTH OXFORDSHIRE BORDERS.
Entrance hall, cloakroom, kitchen, sitting room, dining room, three bedrooms, two bathrooms, central heating, garage and car parking, private rear garden, communal grounds of approximately 5 acres.
GUIDE PRICE £355,000 FREEHOLD
Banbury 5 miles
Leamington Spa 15 miles
Oxford 29 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail 17 mins
From Banbury proceed on the B4100 Warwick Road, travelling passed the villages of Hanwell, Shotteswell and Warmington. After a short distance turn right where signposted to Avon Dassett. Continue into the village passing St. John the Baptist Catholic Church on the right and a pair of cottages. Turn immediately right between the two stone pillars into Avon Carrow. Following the driveway the property will be found in the corner of the courtyard by the "Out" archway.
AVON CARROW forms part of the village of AVON DASSETT which lies on the North Oxfordshire/South Warwickshire borders. Nearby are the popular Burton Dassett hills and within the village there is a public house. Secondary schooling is available in Kineton for which a bus is provided. More comprehensive shopping and recreational facilities can be found in Banbury and Warwick/Leamington Spa.
AVON CARROW is a former hunting lodge which was built by Cecil Boyle with building works having been completed in 1896. The property was later owned by Baron Profumo and is steeped in history. The beautiful buildings are set in picturesque communal grounds approaching 5.2 acres. In 1983 the property was separated into separate luxury homes and the exterior of the Victorian building has been protected by its Grade II Listing. It is built of deep Hornton ironstone under a tiled roof with detailed carved stonework, moulded gable parapets and mullioned windows.
15 AVON CARROW is a terraced cottage offering accommodation on two floors and is set in the corner of the courtyard near a handsome archway.
* An attractive front door with large knocker gives access to the entrance hall which has a wood block floor and a spacious cloaks cupboard with cupboards above.
* Ground floor cloakroom with WC and wash basin, medicine cabinet.
* Kitchen/breakfast room with double bowl sink unit, base units having working surfaces, cupboards and drawers, eye level cabinets, breakfast bar, ceramic gas hob, and electric double oven, plumbing for automatic washing machine and dishwasher.
* Separate dining room with door to rear garden.
* A very pleasant sitting room enjoying lots of light and having an open stone fireplace.
* Landing with trap to roof space and built-in airing cupboard having hot water cylinder fitted with electric immersion heater.
* The master bedroom has a range of fitted wardrobes and cupboards and an en-suite shower room which has a shower cubicle, wash basin and WC.
* Two further bedrooms, one of which has a built-in wardrobe.
* Bathroom comprises a bath with mixer tap and shower attachment, WC and wash basin.
* The property is approached via a beautifully tended landscaped courtyard area which gives access to other properties. To the rear the private garden is lawned and enclosed by fencing. Measuring approximately 100' in depth the garden comprises lawn, pathways, a patio, flower and shrub beds and a number of trees. There are two garden sheds. Awning. Outside lighting. Outside tap under archway at front. Pathway at foot of garden gives access to some of the grounds. Side gate.
* The communal gardens extend to over 5 acres. They are well kept and include a wide avenue of chestnut trees, a tennis court with pavilion and lawns with croquet and bowls.
* The property has the benefit of a single garage which is located not far from the tennis courts. Access is via the driveway which then leads to a gravelled section of driveway. Follow this towards the tennis court and the garage is in the furthest block facing you being the left hand garage in a block of three.
Mains water, electricity and drainage are connected. Liquid propane gas boiler for domestic hot water and central heating system is in the kitchen.
Stratford upon Avon District Council. Council tax band E.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
We understand that the residents of Avon Carrow pay £60.00 service charge per month for the upkeep of the grounds. The property has "Flogas" propane gas which is separately metered to each individual property.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.