- A delightful period cottage with character features and modern fittings
- Beautiful village location with lovely outlooks
- Generous rear garden
A CHARMING STONE AND THATCHED TERRACED COTTAGE OF CHARACTER WITH MODERN FITTINGS.
Large dining hall, rear hall/utility, sitting room with inglenook fireplace and beams, attractive open plan well fitted kitchen/dining room, two first floor bedrooms and family bathroom, second floor master bedroom with en-suite bathroom, oil ch, lovely views to front and large garden to rear.
Banbury 7 miles
Shipston-on-Stour 8 miles
Stratford upon Avon 17 miles
Chipping Norton 9 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 9 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 19 mins
From Banbury proceed in a westerly direction towards Shipston-on-Stour (B4035). Travel through the villages of Broughton, Tadmarton and Swalcliffe. Take the third turning on the left where signposted to Burdrop and follow the road to the 'T' junction. Bear immediately left and the property will be found on the left hand side and can be recognised by our "For Sale" board.
BURDROP predominantly comprises stone period properties and forms part of the larger village of Sibford Gower which itself adjoins Sibford Ferris. The villages are linked and are very popular with amenities including a primary school rated good by Ofsted, The Independent Sibford School which comprises a Quaker primary and secondary where there is a sports facility and swimming pool open to the public, a shop and Post Office, church, village hall and public house. They are also within the catchment area for The Warriner secondary school at Bloxham. There are golf courses nearby at Rye Hill, Brailes, Tadmarton Heath and Chipping Norton.
WYATTS COTTAGE is a charming stone terraced period cottage which exudes charm and character with many features including an inglenook fireplace and beams. It has been extended to provide a modern living with a range of quality fittings. There is a larger than attractive rear garden. The property occupies an elevated position with lovely outlooks over the village and countryside beyond.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A charming stone and thatched period cottage occupying an elevated position in the Conservation Area of this delightful village.
* Rear hall/utility with plumbing for washing machine, free standing oil fired boiler, part glazed door to the rear garden and storage.
* Sitting room with inglenook fireplace and fitted log burner, stairs to first floor, window to front with seat under, Karndean floor, beams, stripped pine doors to built-in cupboard.
* Spacious open plan kitchen/dining room which is light and airy and fitted with a range of attractive traditional style cream units, a Belfast sink, space for a range cooker, granite work surfaces, high pitched ceiling with a large velux window, slate tiled floor, French windows opening to the rear garden.
* Two first floor bedrooms with windows to the front and lovely views.
* First floor bathroom fitted with a white suite comprising panelled bath, separate shower cubicle, WC, ceramic tiled floor, heated towel rail, window.
* Second floor master bedroom which is a large double with a door opening to an en-suite bathroom fitted with a white suite comprising panelled bath with shower unit over and adjacent glass brick wall, wash hand basin and WC, ceramic tiled floor.
* Oil central heating via radiators and double glazing.
* Large mature rear garden comprising patio, steps up to a lawn and borders, greenhouse and log store, capped dry stone wall to the rear. There is a pedestrian access in favour of Wyatts Cottage which leads past the rear of the two neighbouring cottages to the road.
All mains services are connected with the exception of gas.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band D.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.