- A beautifully presented period property
- Complimented with a range of contemporary fittings
- Large spacious property
- Off road parking
- Large rear garden
- Lovely rural views
- Gas central heating
- UPVC double glazing
A BEAUTIFULLY PRESENTED THREE BEDROOMED PERIOD HOUSE WHICH IS MUCH LARGER THAN IT APPEARS AND IS COMPLIMENTED BY A RANGE OF CONTEMPORARY FITTINGS THROUGHOUT.
Large reception hall/study, WC/utility, sitting room, family room, kitchen/dining room, large conservatory, master bedroom with en-suite shower room, two further bedrooms, family bathroom, gas ch via rads, uPVC double glazing, off road car parking to front, approx. 100' garden backing onto fields, lovely rural views.
Approx. Distances - Banbury 1.5 miles
Chipping Norton 14 miles
Oxford 19 miles
Junction 11 (M40) 2.5 miles
Leamington Spa 19 miles
Stratford upon Avon 21 miles
Banbury railway station rear parking 1.25 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 19 mins
From Banbury proceed in a Southerly direction toward Oxford (A4260). On the outskirts of the town turn left where signposted to Cherwell Heights and Bodicote prior to the flyover. At the roundabout turn right where signposted to Bodicote and at the next roundabout go straight on into White Post Road and having passed the village hall turn right into Wykham Lane. The property will be found after approximately 200 yards on the right hand side and can be recognised by our "For Sale" board.
BODICOTE is a lovely and thriving village lying approximately a mile and a half South of Banbury. It has a community feel with such groups as The Bodicote Cricket Club and Bodicote Players Amateur Dramatics Group. Village amenities include a Post Office/shop, two farm shops, two public houses, an Indian restaurant, Bishop Loveday Church of England Primary School, village hall, Banbury Rugby Club, Kingsfield sports and recreation area with children's playground, Bannatyne's Health and Leisure Club, and a bus service to and from the town centre.
8 WYKHAM LANE has over recent years been the subject of a full renovation programme and more recently has had a large conservatory added to the rear. It is beautifully presented with a range of high quality contemporary style fittings and excellent connectivity. There is flexible accommodation on two floors which is surprisingly extensive including a lovely kitchen/dining room as well as two further reception rooms and a large reception hall/study and WC/utility. On the first floor the spacious master bedroom has lovely views over countryside to the side and over recreation grounds and Banbury Cricket Club to the rear. It also has an en-suite shower room. There are two further well proportioned bedrooms and a luxury modern family bathroom. Externally there is off road parking on the driveway whilst at the back there is a rear garden extending to approximately 100' with an Indian sandstone patio and a well tended cottage style garden beyond including small orchard and a gate leading directly to Kingsfield recreation area ideal for children and dog walkers.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the room dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A fully modernised and extended Victorian house on the edge of the village with lovely outlooks.
* Much larger than it looks from the front.
* Modern contemporary fittings throughout.
* Large reception hall/study with ample space for desk and other furniture.
* Generous WC/utility with base and eye level shaker style units, wall mounted gas fired combination boiler, plumbing for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, window to side, WC, ceramic tiled floor and radiator.
* Sitting room with open grate fireplace and quarry tiled hearth, window to front.
* Central family room with stairs to first floor with cupboard under.
* A lovely well lit open plan kitchen/dining room with a range of white shaker style units incorporating a built-in oven, induction hob and extractor over, integrated dishwasher, fridge and freezer, work surfaces, window to rear overlooking the garden and two large skylight windows overlooking the dining area where there is ample space for table and chairs, French windows to the conservatory.
* Large recently added conservatory with uPVC double glazed windows and doors, power and light connected, radiator, self cleaning roof, sliding double glazed patio doors opening to the patio and rear garden.
* Landing with hatch to insulated and boarded loft space with fitted ladder, light and power connected.
* Spacious main bedroom with windows to side and rear with lovely views, door to an en-suite shower room fitted with a white suite comprising a fully tiled shower cubicle, semi recessed wash hand basin with cupboards under, WC, large heated towel rail, window, fully tiled walls and extractor.
* Second double bedroom with window to front and lovely outlooks.
* Bedroom three with window to rear overlooking the garden, recreation area and cricket ground beyond, door to built-in cupboard.
* Bathroom fitted with a luxury modern white suite comprising a double ended central filling panelled bath with shower unit over and fully tiled surround, semi recessed wash hand basin with cupboards under, WC, window, fully tiled walls.
* Gas central heating via radiators and uPVC double glazing.
* Off road parking on the driveway.
* Gated access at the side leads via a path to the rear where there is an Indian sandstone paved patio and a well stocked and well tended cottage style garden including lawn and borders, pathway to a mini orchard with fruit trees and soft fruit bushes, vegetable garden, two sheds, a greenhouse and a gate at the back opening to Kings Field recreation area.
All mains services are connected. The wall mounted gas fired boiler is located in the utility room.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band C.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.