- A stylish modern detached house
- Quietly positioned in this highly regarded village
- Four bedrooms
- Integrated appliances
- Car parking
- Double glazing
- No onward chain
AN EXTREMELY STYLISH MODERN DETACHED HOUSE WHICH HAS BEEN EXTENDED AND MUCH IMPROVED IN RECENT YEARS, QUIETLY POSITIONED IN THIS HIGHLY REGARDED AND WELL SERVED VILLAGE BETWEEN CHIPPING NORTON AND BANBURY.
Entrance porch/hall, cloakroom, superb kitchen/breakfast room with integrated appliances, good sized sitting room, dining room, four bedrooms, two bathrooms, garage and car parking, private rear garden, central heating, double glazing. No onward chain.
£435,000 FREEHOLDApproximate distances
Banbury town centre 8 miles
Chipping Norton 5 miles
M40 (J11) 10 miles
Oxford 22 miles
Stow on the Wold 15 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 17 mins
From Banbury take the A361 Chipping Norton road. Travel through the village of Bloxham and on the far side take the right and turning signposted for Milcombe and Hook Norton. Having virtually passed through Milcombe fork right at The Horse & Groom public house and follow this road for approximately 3 miles until the public house known as The Gate Hangs High is reached. Turn left here towards Hook Norton. As you enter the village take the first right hand turning into Bourne Lane and continue taking the left hand bend and then taking the first left hand turn into Rectory Road. Whittons Close is then the first left hand turning and the property will be found by following the numbering system on the left hand side.
HOOK NORTON is an attractive and thriving village which is particularly popular. There are a range of amenities to include a general store, post office, primary school, a church, veterinary surgery, doctors surgery, dentist, library and three public houses. Some lovely countryside surrounds and there are two golf courses at Rye Hill and Tadmarton Heath both about ten minutes drive. Communications are excellent with the M40 motorway within 10 miles and trains to London from either Banbury (approximately 55 minutes) to Marylebone, or Kingham Station (approximately 80 minutes) to Paddington.
We have prepared a floorplan to show the room sizes and layout, some of the main features include:
* A detached modern house constructed of brick and tile in the early 1980's and extended and much improved in recent years.
* Attractively situated in a quiet cul de sac within easy walking distance of the excellent amenities within the village.
* Providing light and airy accommodation of good proportions.
* Beautifully presented throughout and in excellent decorative order.
* Entrance porch/hallway leading to a separate dining room
* Downstairs cloakroom and inner hall.
* Beautifully re-fitted kitchen/breakfast room with white shaker units and granite working surfaces. Excellent range of cupboards and drawers, eye level cabinets, smart island incorporating stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, Neff ceramic hob and stainless steel extractor hood, integrated fridge with freezer compartment, further eye level cabinets, laminate tiled floor, built-in Neff oven, built-in microwave. The breakfast area incorporates a most attractive bay window with granite sill and pleasant outlook over the garden, stained glass double glazed door to side of dwelling, TV point, spotlighting, large finned radiator.
* Good sized sitting room having attractive fireplace in brick with wooden shelf and stone heath, laminate floor, TV point, double glazed doors to patio and rear garden.
* Landing has trap to roof space and a built-in airing cupboard within which there is hot water cylinder fitted with electric immersion heater.
* Three double and one single bedroom.
* The master bedroom has a large fitted wardrobe with drawers between, downer spotlighting, two bedside lights. There is an en-suite shower room having a large shower cubicle with power shower and vanity wash basin with mixer tap, downer spotlighting.
* Bedroom two has two double built-in wardrobes.
* Bedroom three is a double and bedroom four is a single bedroom.
* Bedroom four has a cupboard within which has plumbing for a washing machine and space for tumble dryer.
* Family bathroom is re-fitted with a very smart white suite with chrome fixtures and fittings, shower over bath with shower screen, vanity wash basin with mixer tap, WC, ceramic tiled walls, laminate floor, shaver point, finned radiator, medicine cabinet.
* The property has an integral garage having up and over door, light and power, Worcester oil fired boiler within garage.
* To the front there is a driveway allowing off road car parking for up to four cars, a pavioured pathway and a lawned area with an Indian Bean tree upon it. To the rear the garden is private and beautifully landscaped. There is a decked patio area, lawn, flower and shrub beds, trees to include Lilac, Buddleia and Rhododendron. Greenhouse. Two garden sheds. Path to side, outside tap, outside light.
Mains water, electricity and drainage are connected. Oil fired central heating boiler in garage.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band D.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.