Parsons Street, Adderbury
A DETACHED STONE COTTAGE TUCKED AWAY AT THE END OF A CUL DE SAC IN THE WELL REGARDED AND SOUGHT AFTER VILLAGE OF ADDERBURY.
Entrance hall, kitchen, sitting room, shower room, three bedrooms, family bathroom, landscaped garden, two outhouses, central heating, double glazing, character features.
Banbury 3 miles
Oxford 19 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 5 miles
Banbury to Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 17 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
From Banbury proceed in a southerly direction toward Oxford (A4260). After approximately 2 ½ miles Adderbury will be reached. Continue straight on at the traffic lights and turn right immediately afterwards passing The Green on your left hand side. Follow the road through the village until you reach The Bell public house on your left and Parsons Street is directly opposite. There is space to park one motor car on the street towards the bottom end. Having gone to the bottom of the street the cottage is approached along a walled and railed pathway on the right hand side. Alternatively one can park at the top of the High Street in the vicinity of The Bell or church and then walk the short distance to the property.
ADDERBURY is a particularly sought after and attractive village, situated in the North Oxfordshire countryside. Amenities include a primary school, shop, golf club, tennis and squash club, public houses and a fine 14th Century Parish Church. The village is in the catchment area for The Warriner School at Bloxham.
MOUNT PLEASANT is a charming detached stone cottage that has undergone a complete renovation. Offering character features coupled with modern fittings including new kitchen, new bathroom and double glazing. The garden has been landscaped, offering a quiet peaceful space with views of the church spire and privacy from being adjacent to the wooded gardens of Sorbrook House.
We have prepared a floorplan to show the room sizes and layout. Some of the main features include:
* A detached period stone built cottage.
* Character features.
* Functional open fireplace.
* Renovated throughout to a high standard.
* Shower room and bathroom.
* New boiler and double glazing.
* Quiet village location.
* Walking distance to local public houses, tennis club and church.
* Entrance hall with ceramic tiled floor, oak beam, coats hanging space, understairs storage area, door to shower room.
* Shower room fitted with a suite comprising shower cubicle, WC and wash basin. Tiled flooring, extractor fan, tiled splashback areas, chrome heated towel rail,
* Kitchen fitted with a range of base and eye level units with working surfaces over and cupboards and drawers under, half bowl sink with mixer tap over, integrated double electric Smeg oven, LED spotlights, tiled splashback areas, plumbing for washing machine, cupboard housing the fuse box, space for fridge freezer and breakfast table, integrated Bosch induction hob with four ring burners and three integrated wine racks, extractor.
* Sitting room with wood effect laminate flooring, two double glazed windows to front, open fireplace with open brick surround, oak beam mantle.
* First floor landing with doors to all rooms and a double glazed window to rear.
* Bedroom one is a double with solid oak bespoke wall to wall wardrobes, LED spotlights, double glazed window to front overlooking the garden with views of the church spire.
* Bedroom two is a good sized single with window to rear,
* Bedroom three is a good sized single with window to rear.
* Family bathroom comprising a raised free standing bath with tiled splashback areas and LED spotlights. cupboard housing the wall mounted Worcester Bosch boiler and shelving, frosted double glazed window to front, and a victorian style radiator.
* Outside the property to the front there is a gravelled area, a trellis, wrought iron boundary fencing and railway sleepers. A range of mature flower beds with mix of plants and trees to include a young Weeping Willow. The garden is south facing and not overlooked. Outside light, outside tap. Barbeque terraced area, large lawned area to the centre. Sorbrook Woods run to the side creating a very private enjoyable space.
All mains services are connected. The boiler is located in a cupboard in the bathroom.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band D.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.